Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EX BOSS NOT PAYING UP!

Options
  • 29-12-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

The company i worked for have now closed.I worked for them for 4 years and 9 months.

I am owed my final weeks wages,commission and holidays due for this year.
    I am also owed redundancy.

I have contacted my former boss on numerous occassions about this only to be told he would be able to pay soon.This is always the excuse i get from him and now he is ignoring my phone calls.

Any suggestions on how i can get paid by him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Contact your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'closed'?
    Did the company go into liquidation/bankrupt? If so, you may not see your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

eth0_ wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'closed'?
    Did the company go into liquidation/bankrupt? If so, you may not see your money.

It was a retail shop and is now closed.The company is not trading as such nowadays and has not gone bankrupt/liquidation.
    It does owe a lot of money to different companies for goods received and is owed a considerable amount of money from customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

your redundancy can be claimed by your employer from the government so there should be no issue there.

as for the rest of your wages if they are gone into liquadation(?) get in line for your money

if bankrupt then forget it and get to the dole office.

if not then contact your solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

your redundancy can be claimed by your employer from the government so there should be no issue there.

as for the rest of your wages if they are gone into liquadation(?) get in line for your money

if bankrupt then forget it and get to the dole office.

if not then contact your solicitor

Is there a Government agency that can help getting my wages paid?
    Also if i hire a solicitor then with their fees would it be worth it?

One other thing is i know one of the directors has been taken money from the company on a regular basis without his co-directors knowladge.
    The sums of money are into the 1,000s.If i don't get any satisfaction from this director would the likes of the revenue etc be intrested in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ureds wrote: »
    One other thing is i know one of the directors has been taken money from the company on a regular basis without his co-directors knowladge.
    The sums of money are into the 1,000s.If i don't get any satisfaction from this director would the likes of the revenue etc be intrested in this?
    Sounds like he has your wages. And yes, they would. If you have proof, the Gardai may also be interested, if it's theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Yes there is. It's called NERA (National Employment Rights Authority). Their website is www.employmentrights.ie, or you can google for NERA and you'll find it. You can contact them via phone or email, and they've got a complaint form to fill in and submit if you'd like them to investigate an employer.

I'd highly recommend you give them a call, outline your situation, and ask about your rights in this situation. Their website also covers your rights as an employee, it may help to look and see where infractions have occurred.
    Contact NERA first. If they cannot get a resolution, you can take the matter to the Labour Courts, or down another legal route. If you have to go to this, and do not have the money for a solicitor, look around for one who will take the case on a no win no fee basis, or enquire about Free Legal Aid.

I suggest that you write everything down, with all relevant times and dates that you can remember, and keep it safe somewhere. In the event that you have to further explain yourself to NERA, or in a court, that kind of information written down could be invaluable. As days and weeks pass, things are forgotten, so write it down while it's fresh in your mind. That way, you will not forget dates, names, etc.

I hope that some of the above helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonyferrino

ring the employment appeals tribunal on adelaide road or the labour court, explain the situation to them and they'll give you every assistance you need

don't go near a solicitor, they'll rob you, 'no win no fee' really means 'win and huge fee'

you don't need a solicitor anyway, the eat or labour court know employment law 100%, will give you every assistance and info. you need and won't cost you a cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

The Payment of Wages Act deals with your situation.

www.lrc.ie is a useful site for finding out how to assert your rghts through the Rghts commissioner service.

Advertisement