Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Meet Up

Options
  • 29-12-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Now that some of us have time on our hands due to the down turn I’m wondering if there are some people in the county with an interesting hobby that could be commercially exploited . What I’m getting at is ! Are there people out there who have skills in woodwork, metal fabrication , welding, Fibre Glass moulding , motor mechanics , Artists , air spray painters , Street legal , car/motor cycle , lawn mower choppers working with computer graphics & design people and are interested in doing team projects in a workshop environment .

This is my project .
    no3.jpg

What are you interested in ?

Sound off by the numbers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 polevault

Hi great concept but suicide in roscommon town if you were to bring one near the roundabouts. I drive all around the country and i fear the roundabouts in roscommon, WHY? they dont know how to use them!. No offence but the majority of them are women. They are a danger. We have a joke at work about the roscommunists and their roundabouts!. Disaster!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 htimsydna

polevault wrote: »
    Hi great concept but suicide in roscommon town if you were to bring one near the roundabouts. I drive all around the country and i fear the roundabouts in roscommon, WHY? they dont know how to use them!. No offence but the majority of them are women. They are a danger. We have a joke at work about the roscommunists and their roundabouts!. Disaster!.

Oh so you would like to change the thread and talk about your fear of driving round Roundabouts and women with a political view.
    No Problem , Now A good driver with a licence never fears an obstacle such as a roundabout or women on roundabouts . The driver can negotiate any situation , enter the roundabout with confidence , be in control of their vehicle no matter what the weather conditions and exit a roundabout with no problems with nerves or drift of vehicle and at the same time wave to beautiful dangerous communist women and beckon them to follow the driver into the nearest lay-by with some chat up lines such as .....

(1) I fear you come around this roundabout too often ? (that’s the chat up line for drivers who have aroundaphobia)
    or this ..which i prefer ......
    (2) I have allotments of North Korean Cabbage sown on all the roundabouts and would like to invite you to dinner .... let’s go Dutch ...you bring the carrots.

There you go all yours enjoy.

Now back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 polevault

ha ha great reply. But your right back to topic! Its a very interesting concept you have there. What sort of retail would you be looking at? would you be going down the line of sourcing parts and assembling or, from what i gather you are keen to manufacture parts from scratch. I pressume the motor is pretty nifty. I'm not familiar with golf buggies but would a motor from one be a good incorporation? speed could be an issue i suppose. Do you recal those buggies that were brought out in the late eighties that were quite similar but were lower and four wheeled. I think lotus may have been the brain child behind them? cant find an image link at the mo but will root a bit more over time. i have a feeling a good marketing campaign could really make these things popular for inner city commuting. As far as i know a vehicle like this has no road tax needs etc. Esp if its electric?. i know this sort of idea has been around for yonks but nobody has ever been brave enough to "say here it is to the irish!"

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MTG Ros

polevault wrote: »

Thanks but not all women in Roscommon can not use the Roundabouts I would be one of them that can.

I do agree with you bout women of Roscommon and Roundabouts though but don't class us all under the one heading.

It was only yesterday that I was nearly ran into the wall there at the Racecourse Road by a woman who had been in the lane to go up the town and me in outside lane to go towards lidl and she cut me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭XLR8

htimsydna wrote: »
    Now that some of us have time on our hands due to the down turn I’m wondering if there are some people in the county with an interesting hobby that could be commercially exploited . What I’m getting at is ! Are there people out there who have skills in woodwork, metal fabrication , welding, Fibre Glass moulding , motor mechanics , Artists , air spray painters , Street legal , car/motor cycle , lawn mower choppers working with computer graphics & design people and are interested in doing team projects in a workshop environment .

What are you interested in ?

Sound off by the numbers

Yeah, I can do all of that and more... when do I start? :D

Here's my weapon of choice...

blingbird.jpg

When's the race? :D

• Advertisement

So you want a race ? In reality you can see I have already won the race and am parked at the side of the road. Here is my registration number (attachment pic), show me yours and we have a race for real. I know in your case it would only be a picture from an online magazine I would be racing against

So race plan (B)

We both print off a copy of the picture you posted, fold them both into paper aero rockets and chuck them out the window.

but a serious biker can strip/chop down a bike and enjoy the world like i do ......take a peek at some of my other bikes.........

htimsydna wrote: »
    So you want a race ? In reality you can see I have already won the race and am parked at the side of the road. Here is my registration number (attachment pic), show me yours and we have a race for real. I know in your case it would only be a picture from an online magazine I would be racing against

So race plan (B)

We both print off a copy of the picture you posted, fold them both into paper aero rockets and chuck them out the window.

but a serious biker can strip/chop down a bike and enjoy the world like i do ......take a peek at some of my other bikes.........

LOL, how many pictures would you like?

Here's me on that magazine picture...

meonbird.jpg

And a couple of shots of my last project...

t1.jpg

t3.jpg

Yeah, I'm up for a bit of a blast if you fancy it?

COOL......Looks like we have something serious now . I am impressed ... I'm gob-smacked ... say good bye to Roscommon roundabouts .. I want to be on the team that built that machine ........ Pm me

PM'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

how many miles from one end of roscommon to other

• Advertisement

dennistuam wrote: »
    how many miles from one end of roscommon to other
    Town or county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

70 miles approx

Advertisement