Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cf memory cards

Options
  • 29-12-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭

hello folks

an chance you could tell me the best place to get a few CF memory cards?

I bought a middle of the range card two weeks ago and now its not working too well with fast encoding...

i need it for tomorrow so a bricks and mortar shop would be best but am looking at getting a few more for the future so would be open to internet ones aswell..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not sure about Bricks & Mortar.

I get my Memory from either 7dayshop.com or MyMemory.co.uk

7dayshop are ussually cheaper but you have to factor in the postage, so not as f=good for small orders.

MyMemory had 25% extra off all Sandisk on Xmas day & Stephen's Day, which was a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

MyMemory online generally.

Bricks'n'mortar, well there's loads. PCWorld, Currys, HarveyNormans to start with. Any camera shop, don't know where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

im in dublin... i have to head to pc world so that might be a place to start...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

They have them in every photo lab - just do some window shopping first and compare prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Maybe a silly question but have you tried formatting the card you have?

• Advertisement

Yup....

Its a video recorder.. was on to the manufacture and he said that the recorder wont accept cards that arent up to the right speed... it sounds dodgy to me and i have a shoot on tomorrow :( so have to get a higher spec card to see if that works...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Besides speeds on the cards are they much different?

Like you have the kingston 16GB for £20 and the 16GB sandisk for £80? Whats the difference besides speed?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Alot the Kingston is a fraction of the speed, that and reliability justifies the price difference

shoot was on in monaghon so nipped up to newry beforehand... traffic was a nightmare but a 4gb card 200x speed sandisk for 50 euro its 100+ down here...

not as cheep as the net but if ever ya need one in a hurry its worth it to drive up..

Advertisement