Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Machine Emulation

Options
  • 29-12-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭

Have been looking for an entertaining video poker for mame. Something along the lines of the HI/LO poker machines you see in a lot of the pubs in Ireland. Obviously not the noraut ones as I don't think they have ever been dumped? Although I could be wrong on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Have been looking for an entertaining video poker for mame. Something along the lines of the HI/LO poker machines you see in a lot of the pubs in Ireland. Obviously not the noraut ones as I don't think they have ever been dumped? Although I could be wrong on this.

It seems now Noraut Poker has been dumped in some way and is available on the latest version of the MAME platform:
    http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/norautpn

I have no idea how to get this to run though!

I have compiled the latest MAME version and have the Noraut ROM but it does not run!

Anyone know how to make this work???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Interesting to see this at last will have a go at running it later and let you know. Thanks for the information reni10.

Get yourself the latest version of MAMEUI a precompiled version. Saves you a lot of hassle. I can confirm it is running in this version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Get yourself the latest version of MAMEUI a precompiled version. Saves you a lot of hassle. I can confirm it is running in this version :)

Yep grabbed MAMEUI and all is good now!

It seems there are still a few issues with Noraut but it is mostly working.

Now just need to work out what each Dip Switch does.

Aye, with them all off by default you get no HI/LO play. Must sit down and see what one does what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭nemes1s

Aye, with them all off by default you get no HI/LO play. Must sit down and see what one does what.

any luck guys any chance yis could give me a hand wit this dunno if i have the wrong rom or emu or what?:(

nemes1s wrote: »
    any luck guys any chance yis could give me a hand wit this dunno if i have the wrong rom or emu or what?:(

i have got as far as the f u screen any ideas on how to get past that??????????????:confused:

I assume you are using mame32 as the emu? usually when the rom loads it is a matter of typing ok on each screen. Tell step by step what you are doing and I will try help you out better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jim Stavros

JimStavros is a f'n poker machine and that's what's up

I assume you are using mame32 as the emu? usually when the rom loads it is a matter of typing ok on each screen. Tell step by step what you are doing and I will try help you out better.

im using mameui i can load the rom as far as a blue screen with the letters F U in the middle cant get pat that??????????????iv read up on it and heres what iv found if it makes any sence to u?

NOTE :
    - Clone norautjp: At the first start-up, the game will give you a very clever "FU" screen. Press the following buttons *together* on different times to get rid of it (and actually initialize the machine): Start + bet buttons (1+2) and Hold 3 + Hold 2 + Save (Half Gamble) + Change Card (C+X+F+D). Also notice that you actually need to map the last four buttons on the same button / on a joypad since MAME's steady key doesn't seem to work on my end.

• Advertisement

They are the key presses you need to enable that version. Get youtself file name noautpn and norautp these versions load without having to do the above. Christ it seems tricky to do those key presses to get it to unlock...

cheers 4 that mate il give it a go any sound on it yet

They are the key presses you need to enable that version. Get youtself file name noautpn and norautp these versions load without having to do the above.

where can i get them exact roms????

nemes1s wrote: »
    where can i get them exact roms????

Im afraid I cannot link to those roms as it is against forum rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 agriffin

Its worth getting past the "fu" screen on norautjp because its the better version of the 3.
    noratpn is an older slow version without joker, noratp only works right in hopper mode

agriffin wrote: »
    Its worth getting past the "fu" screen on norautjp because its the better version of the 3.
    noratpn is an older slow version without joker, noratp only works right in hopper mode

do u know how to get past the fu screen?

you would have to press the Tab key when you have norautjp running and setup the keys C+X+F+D to the same button say X

then when in the game press
    Start + bet buttons together (1+2) then let go
    then press X if you set the 4 buttons the same
    Hold 3 + Hold 2 + Save (Half Gamble) + Change Card these are the 4 that have to be setup to the same key for this to work, once the game goes past "FU" you need to set the 4 keys back the way they where.

"Clone norautjp: At the first start-up, the game will give you a very clever "FU" screen. Press the following buttons *together* on different times to get rid of it (and actually initialize the machine): Start + bet buttons (1+2) and Hold 3 + Hold 2 + Save (Half Gamble) + Change Card (C+X+F+D). Also notice that you actually need to map the last four buttons on the same button / on a joypad since MAME's steady key doesn't seem to work on my end. "

agriffin wrote: »
    you would have to press the Tab key when you have norautjp running and setup the keys C+X+F+D to the same button say X

then when in the game press
    Start + bet buttons together (1+2) then let go
    then press X if you set the 4 buttons the same
    Hold 3 + Hold 2 + Save (Half Gamble) + Change Card these are the 4 that have to be setup to the same key for this to work, once the game goes past "FU" you need to set the 4 keys back the way they where.

"Clone norautjp: At the first start-up, the game will give you a very clever "FU" screen. Press the following buttons *together* on different times to get rid of it (and actually initialize the machine): Start + bet buttons (1+2) and Hold 3 + Hold 2 + Save (Half Gamble) + Change Card (C+X+F+D). Also notice that you actually need to map the last four buttons on the same button / on a joypad since MAME's steady key doesn't seem to work on my end. "

cheers for that

let me know if you got it running
    norautjp dipswitch settings included for anybody that needs them

Excellent stuff, got it up and running. I had bound those keys previously to a button on my joypad but when I changed it back to a button on the keyboard it all worked perfectly.

• Advertisement

Nice to get to play them on pc, hopefully more of them will be added to mame their was a lot of different versions,
    anyone remember the one where it would constantly tell you possible flush possible 4 of a kind etc to name just one.

hope to get my hands on a PCB to dump in the near future it has a lot of scrolling text accross the screen telling you info about the game not sure about the actual gameplay prob the same as norautjp.

I see from the info on maws you were the one who dumped the last version? Fair play you have made many people very happy :)

hopefully more of them soon;)

should be another new one in the next version of mame

Great stuff, excellent to see the various versions of it being added. Be great to see the sound emulation working, then again it really isnt all that needed for these games.

Yeah sound would be a bonus allright. 0.132u5 got released today new noraut not included looks like it will be ver 133 before its added. possible two versions if they can work some magic on a another dump i got from an unworking ancient noraut board.

lots of work been done on noraut
    http://robbie.mameworld.info/

Some great looking shots there good work to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

You guys are the greatest. Been looking for this for years. Been playing for over 3 hours tonight and hit a Poker of Jacks betting 25's.

• Advertisement

tomslick wrote: »
    You guys are the greatest. Been looking for this for years. Been playing for over 3 hours tonight and hit a Poker of Jacks betting 25's.

If only that happened if a payout situation :)

Advertisement