Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Sony Alpha 200 (stupid) question

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of getting the image you are shooting to appear in the LCD screen before you move to the eye piece

Bought as a present for my dad and he likes to get a rough view of the pic before he moves in to the eye piece

I would normally just read the manual for him but in the wrong county
    apparently an information screen with shutter times/flash settings etc is all that is showing untill he takes the shot

NR

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have just had a "quick" look at the specs for the Sony Alpha 200 & it doesn't seem to have a Live View function.

Live View is really only been available recently on some models of DSLR's & it a bit of a novelty. It is quite common for people who have used compact cameras to want this function as they are used to it. Those who are used to SLR's don't & can find the composing on a screen to be foreign & strange.

Your father will soon get used to using the Viewfinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yes the a200 has no live view, the a300/350 has live view at the expence of a worse view finder. The a200 has the same viewfinder as the a700. I prefer having a better viewfinder rather then live view.....

Also you got a great camera for him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

When I first got my DSLR I was the same as your dad but after a day out with the camera I very quickly got used to not having it! Now I keep using the viewfinder on my wifes digital camera and she's always wondering why I don't just use the screen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Thanks a mil for the speedy replies guys.
    I had read the tech manual on line myself and just thought that I had to be missing something.

Good to know, it will stop him wasting time looking for it.

The viewfinder looked great to me, he will just have to get used to it

Advertisement