Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does any1 actually answer anything on here???

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

title says it all:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I assume you are referring to the stains in your table? :pac: This forum doesnt get that much traffic, just a handful of hardcore woodworkers :p

As for the table, I dont know, the mexican pine aint the best of timber really, and they dont come well finished, usually some sort of a light waxing or such. So, if its stained then the stain has gotten into the timber itself, its not just a case of the finish being stained and thus removing this. I think your best bet is to give is to refinish it maybe, sand it down, clean it with white spirits and apply a wood stain/color and seal it with varnish if its a table thats gonna have food and such on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

thanks croppyboy;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Lucky111, when I first read your request for ideas bout your table,my first thought was (as croppyboy says) to sand down and try and re-colour it.

I went off and googled it for you and forgot to post back:eek: many apologies,anyway,google came back with a few ideas,some simple using household stuff but no solid ideas that I found.

Advertisement