Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Russel Spaying

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,My Female Jack Russell was born 19/5/08. Can anyone recommend when I should get her Spayed/Neutered? Also what shold I expect to pay roughly? Also what will the operation entail??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

There is different advice, depending on who you talk to, but my vet recommends that you allow the bitch to have one season before spaying. Has she come into season yet? If so, she should be spayed 3 months after. As she's now 7 months old I'd say that she'd be due to come into season soon if she hasn't already, so your vet may recommend waiting now anyway. However, if you do let her have a season, make sure that she doesn't get near any male dogs, it can be a pain, but only lasts about 3 weeks, and I have been told the health benefits of allowing them to have the one season far outweigh the inconvenience of dealing with it.

The price seems to depend on where you live, different vets charge different prices. It is a larger operation than the male neutering, but doesn't seem to bother them too much, I had one of my bitches spayed about a month ago, and she was right as rain the next day. My problem was stopping her running around while she had her stitches in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mossir

Thank You

Advertisement