Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N77 Abbeyleix Bypass

Options
  • 29-12-2008 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

any sign of one coming soon????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

that's brilliant - if it's being built at the same rate as the rest of the road, it'll come in earlier than planned - brilliant!!! thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

cjmcork wrote: »
    if it's being built at the same rate as the rest of the road, it'll come in earlier than planned...
    That's looking less and less likely as time goes by, unfortunately :(

Thread on the M7-M8 scheme HERE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

This is the slowest road construction in the country at the moment. End of 2010 is most likely for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

There was a local plan too which was protested against... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055290660 discussed it last year.

There is a map on page 6 of this publication here... http://www.laois.ie/media/Media,4029,en.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

For some reason, since they finished Cullahill-Cashel I've been held up by people driving at 50km/hr - 60km/hr on the Cullahill-Portlaoise stretch every time I've driven it. Wasn't a major issue before. It's like people come off the shiny new motorway, hit the old road and go into a panic or something.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Stark wrote: »
    For some reason, since they finished Cullahill-Cashel I've been held up by people driving at 50km/hr - 60km/hr on the Cullahill-Portlaoise stretch every time I've driven it. Wasn't a major issue before. It's like people come off the shiny new motorway, hit the old road and go into a panic or something.

Sounds just like the stretch of N6 from Athlone to Balliansloe, half the time I go down to Galway I end up stuck behind a convoy where someone is doing 60km/h pfff

Those types of drivers are the cause of accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Danno wrote: »
    Those types of drivers are the cause of accidents.

Are you sure? Or maybe those who think they are on F1 racetrack? Looking on some old an narrow Irish roads 60km/h is like 200km/h on German motorway.

A bit OT but, some drivers appear shocked when they go from the new M6 onto the Athlone bypass with it's "relatively" tight bends after 50kms or so of new road.

Have seen them overdo the first bend and cross the centreline by a wide margin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Geogregor wrote: »
    Are you sure? Or maybe those who think they are on F1 racetrack? Looking on some old an narrow Irish roads 60km/h is like 200km/h on German motorway.

These are primary N roads, not a "narrow Irish road"

Nope Georgegor, I keep as close to the posted speed limits as is safelty possible, there are people on our roads who get a perverted kick out of holding up as much traffic as possibe. These usually are the ones who speed up when being overtaken. :rolleyes:

Advertisement