Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M1 No Payment???

Options
  • 28-12-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Not sure if this has come up before, did a search and couldn't find anything.

On the M1 somewhere between Swords and Balbriggan there were a couple of homemade signs saying "Fingal Co. Council Failed to Pay for Road" now they're gone and in their place is "Road to Close No Payment".

Anyone know what these signs are all about?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They've been there for months if not years - and I've no idea what they refer to either!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Ah yeah, I know they're not new, just wondered what they are all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aedan

Id be thinking that they have been put up by a local land owner who sold the land for the making of the M1 and didnt get paid properly. Thats what it seems like but im probably miles wrong lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ta me anseo

Aedan wrote: »
    Id be thinking that they have been put up by a local land owner who sold the land for the making of the M1 and didnt get paid properly. Thats what it seems like but im probably miles wrong lol.

I expect it is actually a compulsory purchase order that was never paid for. Latest signs now say "road to close. not paid for" or something like that.

I must say if I thought that the council have taken (not bought) land from someone without due compensation I would be pretty disgusted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whats the odds that its a CPO that valued the land as agricultural, not residential?

Nearly sure that there are serious laws that'd prevent them building a road on land which wasn't paid for at CPO; but if the CPO goes through even at a value the now-former owner disagrees with, tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I expect it is actually a compulsory purchase order that was never paid for. Latest signs now say "road to close. not paid for" or something like that.

Yea clearly he didn't know the correct procedure, which is to lobby the local politician and get the land re-zoned prior to the CPO's being issued.... ;)

MYOB wrote: »
    Whats the odds that its a CPO that valued the land as agricultural, not residential?

Cause the value paid for the land would be greatly increased if it was re-zoned from agricultural to residential.

Cause the value paid for the land would be greatly increased if it was re-zoned from agricultural to residential.

That was my point...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

MYOB wrote: »
    That was my point...

Sorry I misunderstood....

Well the CPO value will be based on the actual zoning of the land....

There has been allegations in some locations that the land was rezoned with the knowledge that it would be CPO'ed in the coming months....

Advertisement