Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung BRP1500 Blueray player with 2 disks €199

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Picked up this today in HMV Swords. Walked by a stack of about ten of them & realized they were priced at €199. They come with "Oceans 13" & "I am Legend" in the box.

Needs a firmware update out of the box though. Spent about 90 minutes trying to get it to play something before I updated the firmware & now everything plays.

Stunning picture & sound.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Firmware update out of the box? Does this come with it on a disk or do you have to download and burn it to a disk and then pop it in? or have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

it would probably have an ethernet port on the back of the player, stick in ur cable and update it online!

most if not all bluray players need an ethernet jack, as many blurays have online content on them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BArra wrote: »
    it would probably have an ethernet port on the back of the player, stick in ur cable and update it online!

most if not all bluray players need an ethernet jack, as many blurays have online content on them

Thats how you update the Sony one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

As a slight aside, what size of an update is needed? I'm thinking of people who don't have computers or are stuck in areas where they can't get broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

For €220 you can get the Sony S350 with 5 free BDs in Peats. You can get the P1500 for £150 from Richer Sounds but it probably doesnt come woth any BDs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The firmware installed on the system is Jan 2008. Manufacture date is June 2008. (strange but there you go, I guess it's using the same as the previous model), Most recent firmware is 20 Nov 2008.

There is an Ethernet port on the back but I couldn't get it to update through that (server un-contactable). I downloaded to a USB flash drive (port on back) & did it from there (power on with USB in place - automatically updates in about 5 mins) You can also burn it to a CD & power up with that in. Size is 40MB

Just watched Dark Night. Fantastic. Literally blown away with the quality.

Advertisement