Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi Guys, I didn't know where else to post this. I'm currently doing a Post-graduate in History and as you may have guessed money is quite tight, One of my friends from undergrad. suggested that I give grinds in Irish or History. I've a high standard of Irish and History, I achieved high 2.1 overall in my degree. I amn't too familiar with the curriculum though, I know the Irish curriculum and the History curriculum have changed since I did them at school, I don't think it would take me too long or be too difficult for me to familiarise myself with them, do people think it is do-able?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Nope, it's not that difficult to do at all. You should do it pretty easily, though with money being tight it's hard to know if there'll be the same demand for grinds as there has been in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Computerfd

Thanks, Maybe I should give it a go so! I think I'd be quite a decent teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

its doable and people will still have cash for their childs education before other things. be warned though, good at irish etc doesn't make you a good teacher so be calm and patient and coax the child along witht he subject and lsiten to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

You may find demand not as high. I've kept on all the students I had last year but new ones for next year seem slower to get in touch. I've always been booked up before Christmas. Just in case you think it's you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Whereabouts are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You may find demand not as high. I've kept on all the students I had last year but new ones for next year seem slower to get in touch. I've always been booked up before Christmas. Just in case you think it's you.

I'd agree, I had made a decision at the start of the school year to do less grinds this year, but it turns out I haven't needed to turn people away because demand is far less than last year

Advertisement