Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get a brand new Sky+ box?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

I have read on various threads that sky also give out refurbished sky+ boxes,Im due to have sky+ installed at the start of january,Im just curious as to whether I'll be receiving a brand new box or not,I've paid e136 euro so I'll be pretty unhappy with sky if its a old box!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

you should get a new Pace Sky+ stb, and if it's not a new box,tell the installer you were expecting a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

how will I know if its a new box or not?sorry if these questions sound a bit stupid but im new to all this satellite stuff and I want to make sure im not being short changed before Ive even started paying my monthly subscription!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Refurb boxes should only be given out to replace faulty units.

As a new subscriber, you should be getting a new box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

He would have to break a seal on the outer box and the remote etc etc should be in a clear plastic bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Thanks lads,all the info is much appreciated,at least I know what to look out for now,only 3 days til I get it installed,goodbye crappy ntl!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Good luck in your installation hope all goes well for ya

Advertisement