Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear Vietnam

Options
  • 28-12-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭

Enjoyed what I saw of it. Is it going to be repeated anytime soon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

According to the RTE guide it is repeated Tuesday 30 Dec at 8pm BBC 2.

it Was brilliant, one of the best top gears in a long time.

The way they were mocking each other was damn funny. :D The Pink Bike :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The Top Gear specials are always good. This one was brilliant as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

for me, it was pretty boring and I think TG is very formulaic.
    The point of the Vietnam thing may have past me by and I'd happily admit that it went over my head.

Was it a race - no?
    Was it funny (Did I laugh even once in my chair)? - no

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

great TV ..i taught it was brill, passed an hour nicely.

but having said that those TG specials & races are defintely staged..they always end a bit "Hollywood"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

fryup wrote: »

but having said that those TG specials & races are defintely staged..they always end a bit "Hollywood"

Well, I would say that there are staged parts but you cant stage:
    Going up a mountain on a Honda 50 in the dark with no lights and it clattering down with rain with Mental Thunder and Lightening thrown in for good measure

I wouldnt even say staged, more structured. If they didnt then we wouldnt get to see half as good an episode. Its the chemistry between the three that make it. No matter how scripted/staged or whatever, the guys get annoyed at each other. What it is, is a rough outline of what is going to happen (a bit like Curb Your Enthusiasm) and the guys try stick to the outline as best as possible (failing a lot along the way) :D

It is still surpremo TV in comparison to almost everthing else on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

awesome. I think my favourite of all the special episodes, and not a car in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

good show. i very doable thing for average joe backpacker.

Top Gear is totally staged. did anyone catch them been interviewed on the tele prior to there live gig in Dublin? they weren't as slick as theyre put together on the show TV.

The Arctic Truck challenge is definitely a non starter for most people. Although I do believe there is/was a race recently between 2 teams of cars to the northpole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I thought it was a bit crap myself as a Top Gear show it was more like a soap at times.

Not into the show as such that much me just prefers the cars.

Keith186 wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit crap myself as a Top Gear show it was more like a soap at times.

Not into the show as such that much me just prefers the cars.

To call it crap is a little severe, what would you proclaim to be quality (or un-crap) in the 'GOD CHANNEL' era of TV channels that we now live in!

Its gone way beyond 'just' car show now, its an entertainment show. (I came to realize that when I noticed my mam putting it in her TV schedule a few years ago :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

It was a good ep alright.

Would you rather watch this Or Big Brother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Top Gear against Big Brother isnt even a contest in my opinion, I think BB is the most pointless show of all time!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

as a person who is not really into the finer points of cars and how it all works ireally enjoy top gear. the vietnam episode was brilliant in my opinion. plenty of laugh out moments for me.

barnicles wrote: »

Would you rather watch this Or Big Brother?

Not Normally, but I caught word that Lucy Pinder is in the 'Celebrity'
    BB, which may cause me to take a peek!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Great episode

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i thought it was a brilliant episode. Not as good as THE epic race (bugatti Veyron v's James May's Cesna) but still full of laughs, as always

and so what if it is staged...its still brilliant TV and much better than the dribble that RTE produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

This was the first time I'd ever seen Top Gear and I loved it! Just came across it by chance & having done that exact route in July (a couple of miles with similar bikes, yep!) I watched it all....great laugh, will be tuning in more often now although I gather that this was a particularly good one.

Advertisement