Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skateboarding related materials

Options
  • 28-12-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

1st time out/using all the new flash stuff I bought recently.. This was the main reason I bought it and it came out exactly how I wanted! Now only to take more :D

This may not make sense next.. In magazines with skating the tricks that get landed are put in the magazines.. The ones that dont get landed, dont get put in unless like in this case hes already landed it and the picture is better. So you have to make sure you get a good picture for the trick hes landed.

(1) Landed!
    3144951184_67aeaed298.jpg
    (2) Didn't land!
    3144120961_b3489a306e.jpg
    (3) After he landed it.
    3144122059_6c5c732a33.jpg

As always.. Best viewed larger!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

I like the colours in the third one and I really like the idea of the shots but what's the fuzz around the guy in one and two?

Good luck with the new gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I like the colours in the third one and I really like the idea of the shots but what's the fuzz around the guy in one and two?

Good luck with the new gear!

That "fuzz" is slight motion blur. The flashes fired, which froze the image, like what happens on film, it burns the image in, but the shutter speed was set so it would pick up some movement. The fuzz is the guys movement before and after the flashes fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Ah okay, it looks like it was added in around his shin and foot in the first shot but there you go. Is it done intentionally?

Just saw your gear bag on your Flickr page, niiiice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Going in the right direction, just needs a clearer background and a bit closer and you are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would suggest faster shutter times or panning with the skater. but it depends on your intention what should be sharp and what should be blurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

or how about a series of pics kind of like a triptych, so you see him ollie, flip the board, land it and then skate off. it'd give the average non skater folk an idea of whats happening also

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

cant go wrong with a fisheye and off camera flash! wish I hadn't sold my sb800 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

wow I love 1 and 2, I'm very interested in the method, wouldlove tolook into it, well done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shot in Tramore? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Cabaal wrote: »
    shot in Tramore? :)

Across from the majestic hotel yes :D

I was thinking about the dipytch but I got lazy.. I can see myself doing it tomorrow though. Have had enough of the sifting through photos since I came home.

Im just looking forward to getting out and trying again now!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement