Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon or Sigma

Options
  • 28-12-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of changing from my Sigma 80-400 (4.5-5.6) to a 70-200 2.8.

Is the Sigma version a good lens, I've read plenty about the L series so I reckon that's a safe bet.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I have the sigma version and I think it's very good. Excellent in fact. For half the price.

I believe the Canon AF is faster but the sigma is no slouch either. Have a look at the horse racing photos on my flickr. They were taken with the Sigma at f/2.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

I'm thinking of changing from my Sigma 80-400 (4.5-5.6) to a 70-200 2.8.

Is the Sigma version a good lens, I've read plenty about the L series so I reckon that's a safe bet.

I bought the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM back in October this year and couldn't recommend it more to you.An outstanding lens which whilst expensive is worth every cent you'll pay for it....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have had both and for value you cant beat the Sigma but for build quality and image quality the Canon is head and shoulders above. The Sigma is a bit warmer in colour tone whereas the Canon is more neutral

Heres one from the Sigma and a Canon 350d
    IMG_0938.jpg

Advertisement