Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

useless info

Options
  • 28-12-2008 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

your patron saint, patrick, is from my home town of dumbarton in scotland :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thought he was Welsh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don't think anybody knows for definite where he was from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

he's from Dumbarton on the west coast of Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

You are absolutely correct - the origins of Patrick are not known. The only valid sources for information on Patrick are his two pieces of writings - his Confession, and the Letter to Coroticus. Neither mention where exactly he is from except a reference to Roman Britain.

Doesn't stop people from making claims though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MarchDub wrote: »
    You are absolutely correct - the origins of Patrick are not known. The only valid sources for information on Patrick are his two pieces of writings - his Confession, and the Letter to Coroticus. Neither mention where exactly he is from except a reference to Roman Britain.

Doesn't stop people from making claims though!

damn those irish and their barbaric slave taking ways ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement