Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spare wheel for BMW

Options
  • 28-12-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Looking for a spare wheel for a 03 BMW 318i.

Should I be looking at a spacesaver effort or look for a proper wheel (not necessarily the same as the alloys).

I guess a phonecall to a main dealer will solve my problem, but it'll cost me :)

I'm not looking to just get a cheap job but obviously don't want to pay over and above what I should!

Where is best to look for either? (Based in Cork City btw)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Call down to Crossbarry motors in Crossbarry. They always have a few BMWs lying bout & should be able to sort something for you. Oh go for a full size steel/alloy wheels. Space savers are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hegars

Thanks Rebel.Ranter,

I'll give them a shout.

Cheers,
    Hegars

• Registered Users Posts: 21,243 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Call down to Crossbarry motors in Crossbarry. They always have a few BMWs lying bout & should be able to sort something for you. Oh go for a full size steel/alloy wheels. Space savers are a joke.

Definitely agree. I had a little space saver in my 3 series and it wasn't worth a shìte. Even more useless if you get a puncture when you're on the other side of the country, which has happened to me. Take out the plastic lining from the wheel well and keep the jack and the other tools in the boot, and you should have enough space for a 16" wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Crossbarry Motors (Terry Madden)
    Crossbarry (near Innishannon)
    Co. Cork
    021 - 4776093

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

I have a couple of bmw 16" spare wheels with 205/55/16 bridgestone tyres if anyone is looking (Limerick) I agree the space saver is a joke especially when there is room for a full size wheel without loosing any boot space

• Advertisement
Advertisement