Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

which VRT office?

Options
  • 28-12-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

hi all,

will be paying the vrt on new new baby on January 2 (if the offices are open, if not then the fifth). What is the collected wisdom on these? The nearest one to me is fury park in santry, but are some offices more lax than others? Car has a few factory extras and it would be good news for me if they didn't bother to inspect the car!

(thanks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,145 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would say it makes no difference which office you bring it to. If the car is a BMW, Merc or Audi and 4 years old or less then they will just check the car's VIN, this will tell them what factory extras it has and calculate the VRT accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

they have that info at the push of a button? are you kidding me? what sort of world that we live in, that large foreign auto makers supply this info to the irish government so they can extort an illegal tax?

that said, what sort of hit am i likely to see on metallic paint, leather, sat-nav & bluetooth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you'll be hit with a few quid extra for all that alright. depends on make / model and mileage of car then people will be able to give a better guide.

i've to pay the VRT on my car too on the 5th and have an after market stereo unit with GPS / Bluetooth / DVD & MP3 player. Haven't put it in the car yet as I'm sure as **** they'll charge me VRT on it (or try)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

they have that info at the push of a button? are you kidding me? what sort of world that we live in, that large foreign auto makers supply this info to the irish government so they can extort an illegal tax?

This access ia probably supplied at a local level by the Irish importers/distributors.
    They may or may not have gotten a choice as to whether they could refuse access to this information.
    They may believe that making sure the correct and full VRT is payable on imports will protect their commercial interests - that imports and "Irish" cars are VRT'd on the same basis.
    that said, what sort of hit am i likely to see on metallic paint, leather, sat-nav & bluetooth?

It depends on the age of your car as well as make and model - all this stuff will cost you €8k(ish) retail on an ROI Audi.
    The VRT office will depreciate that €8k by a factor for each year, but it depends how many years you're talking about.

Once you know the depreciated figure, you can apply the VRT rate to it and you'll know what you need to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I went to the Tallaght office with a 3 year old Audi jammed full of extras in October and they didn't even look at the car. I had all the forms printed off and filled in correctly with the bank draft already printed out and it went very smoothly.

S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement