Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today at the Zoo (For C&C Please)

Options
  • 27-12-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Here are a few from Today at the zoo for C&C please. Don't blame most of these guys for staying indoors but I got one or two reasonable ones. Your thoughts and comments would be most welcome.

1. Sealoin
    3141132781_28e9d04be2.jpg

2. Hippo
    3141136781_4777539b21.jpg

3. Baby Rhino
    3141142939_f1de204fa6.jpg

4. Elephant Feeding
    3141160991_566f265927.jpg

5. The Labs have the right idea
    3141992632_9aeb7329a0.jpg

6. Baby Taiper
    3141178027_2c0fe1debb.jpg

There was alot of harsh sunlight, not that we were complaining. Lovely day to walk off the christmas over feasting in the Zoo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Excellent- those shots are not easy to get at this time of the year #1 is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

The hippo was the hardest to get. surface for about a second and head back underwater. He knew I was trying to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#4 I like, I find most the shots are cropped too tight including 2/3 and especially #6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

# 1 and 6 boss.. Good stuff. Looks like ye had a good day out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Really like 1, well done on them all. Best day for pics and I was in my car driving from Waterford to Belfast :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Really love ur shots Balfey, the Sealoin has to be my favourite..It is next to impossibly to get the Hippo, well done:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

#1 - nice capture. I would maybe crop a bit from the bottom, but technically fine shot.

#2 - nice one again. I know its hard to get a good angle in at the hippo enclosure.

#3 - would have been nice to get a little more of the surrounds, and the other rhino in the background.the rock in the foreground is a bit of a hinderance.

#4 - nicely done, but the elephants legs should be included. I'm not sure of what limitations you had due to the angle & the enclosure, so it may not have been possible..

#5 - black dog + white dog (with sunlight on it) = difficult exposure. The dark dog looks underexposed, yet he's in focus.

#6 - nice one. best of the lot techically and best capture.

Advertisement