Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC on an XBOX and NAS drives

Options
  • 27-12-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have an xbox running XBMC and it is working perfectly streaming video from my PC. However I would like to invest in a NAS drive and was thinking of buying this one http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=56D1

My question for you guys out there is - will this work with XBMC or do I need to look at a different drive and do you have any reccomendations.

Thanks for your help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hard to tell from Dabs description & official LaCie website but would need to find out does it support SAMBA for sharing of files.
    XBMC needs NAS devices with SAMBA support to work correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Thanks Ongarite - I have downloaded the manual from the la cie site and did a bit more googling and it seems to be able to do what i need. It is compatible with the xbox 360 and PS3 and one of them will be on my shopping list at some point in the near future.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Took the leap and bought the drive that I linked to in my original post. Ordered it online on Sunday and it arrived Wednesday morning at 9.30. Considering the time of year I was very surprised with the quick delivery.
    I set it up and gave it a fixed IP address and added it in as a source on XBMC. The good news is that it is working perfectly .

Willie.

Advertisement