Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Streak;Dream Ticket

Options
  • 27-12-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it just me or is this show pure RUBBISH!

Shoite Set, game format and the presenters are so out of their depth.

I know the last show with Mooney was crap, but this is a poor replacement. Its just sooooo low rent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

your one in it is a ride though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

seanybiker wrote: »
    your one in it is a ride though

The googly-eyed one with the too many teeth, the too-small dresses and no sense of volume control?

I guess "ride" is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, the programme is bargain basement muck, an absolute embarrassment to broadcast in prime time. Really, it'd be better if they just cut it down to 2 minutes after the lotto where everyone on the show just pulled an envelope out of a hat revealing what they've won

"Welcome to National lottery's "giving people money for nowt". First Contestant : Mary Smith - Mary, draw your envelope...What did you get? €26,500? congratulations. Now sit down. Joe Murphy. You're next. Pick an envelope...."

etc. etc. The motor skills involved in pulling the envelope from the hat should cover the BCI's legislation on games of skill, and for our benefit, It would cut out the embarrassment of being faced with the shouty presenter's weekly pained attempts to come up with "entertaining" "games" based around the crappy props that have been in the studio since Mike Murphy's day. The 'Nine Kids and forty acres' small talk could be confined to the bin and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

At least with Mooney at the helm it was entertaining what with all his screaming and shouting. Now it's just proper shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

At least with Mooney at the helm it was entertaining what with all his screaming and shouting. Now it's just proper shít.
    No it wasn't. Every single national lottery show has been pure dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would agree with you there.

They should be made up a message saying that this programme is a paid advertisement for the national lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Aidric wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Lottery show on Saturday has always been awful no matter what format or who presents it. Only thing it was a novelty at one time to see people actually win real money on television. That was a long time ago though.

Worst thing is I remember a time when Kathryn Thomas was actually quite hot. Back when she was blonde and presented No Frontiers in a bikini most weeks. Since she met a guard she looks like she's settled for making him a fry every morning and wandering around in pyjamas and hair curlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Worst thing is I remember a time when Kathryn Thomas was actually quite hot. Back when she was blonde and presented No Frontiers in a bikini most weeks. Since she met a guard she looks like she's settled for making him a fry every morning and wandering around in pyjamas and hair curlers.
    I think she looks better now since she changed her hair colour and she never looked great in a bikini.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The googly-eyed one with the too many teeth, the too-small dresses and no sense of volume control?

She is completely out of her depth.
    She hasnt a clue how to be a live presenter and she really should get some elocution lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I used to think she was hot on New Frontiers too. I liked her blonde and in a bikini. Dont think the new look suits her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Kathryn is just brutal. Shes so bad she makes me wish for the imminent return of Mooney :eek:. Aidans good at presenting but even he looks annoyed with Kathryns shrill voice lately. She shouts her way through every programme. My mothers has recently switched it off because she cant bear to listen to her any more. And she has watched since Mike Murphy was presenting. Hopefully she will be gone by next year.

What a joy to see Pamela Flood presenting with Aiden on this weeks show. Please RTE keep Pamela and send Kathryn back to some far off destination, never to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The show itself and the stupid games are terrible, nearly too bad to have as Tubridy's audience game. No presenter could rescue this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Why can't they take a leaf out of the BBC's lottery shows anyway eg 1 Vs. 100? Last time I watched them there was a card based game, then another time it looked like a poor man's copy of Goldenballs. Utterly rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They should be made up a message saying that this programme is a paid advertisement for the national lottery.

It is. The National Lottery is one of RTÉs biggest clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bring back Mike Murphy.

ian_m wrote: »
    It is. The National Lottery is one of RTÉs biggest clients.
    Shouldn't be allowed. On the continent they would have a message saying "This is a paid advertisement for the lottery" scrolling along the bottom throughout the "program".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The BCI are actually quite strict when it comes to sponsorship and advertising on television. But its the National Lottery so I guess that's where the difference is. (As opposed to some random poker company for example).

ian_m wrote: »
    The BCI are actually quite strict when it comes to sponsorship and advertising on television. But its the National Lottery so I guess that's where the difference is. (As opposed to some random poker company for example).
    I fail to see the difference. The lottery buys the airtime from RTE and they put on what is essentially an advertisement for their games. I see no difference between them and some poker company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

To me, these shows just seem like an elaborate way to disguise the fact that the winners and what is won is determined by random chance. They could just have a random number generator and end the show in less than 5 minutes. There's no skill involved and no need for all those people to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

they're forbidden from having with any element of skill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 davidtjm

Anyone know where I might get a copy of a Winning Streak edition from 2011?
    On VHS or DVD, doesn't matter.

Thanks & Regards
    Davidtjm

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Contacting RTE is your only option I think.

Please don't dig up old threads, thanks. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement