Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Canal Line - C&C much appreciated

Options
  • 27-12-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Here's one I took this morning as I was driving home from Mullingar. The canal in Tullamore looked like Glass so I stopped and took this.
    Would love some C&C please.

Thanks.

89ECCE8C9828424AA27D2421C671E906.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what the blue sign ,sort a ruins the view

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭nilhg

I have to say I like this, you have captured the scene very well, and I like the processing though perhaps the fog has become a shade brown.

Pity abut the power cables though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like this very much. Yes the power lines are a pity. When I read the blue sign I had to go back to the image and look for it so while it will ruin it for some, others will find it acceptable / reasonable in the composition. I love the colour and the reflections in the water.

The only thing I think I might be particularly critical of is for a wider angle to be used. The exif suggests 55mm focal length which given the crop factor of the 400D is probably about 70-80mm equivalent ( i think ). If you had zoom capability / either with feet or through a zoom lens, then i'd have liked to see a wider perspective on the scene. Its a little tight on the crop and while it mightn't make it better I would have liked to see the full tree reflection in the water.

This is only being nit-picky though. Its a great take really. Well done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Lovely shot pity about the power cables, they tend to ruin a lot of shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Oh it is a lovely shot, very similar to those 1000 piece jigsaws, I think the power cable etc makes it, busyness of town life... I would like to see it toned down slightly though I am getting a very yellow hue which may be lost if you desaturate or simple change the colour balance ever so slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

I think its one of those shots that most people would like because of the light and the tranquility of the scene-I certainly do- the powerlines are a pity but still a very nice shot

Advertisement