Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Small Brown Lab Male on Christmas Eve

Options
  • 27-12-2008 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    Found straying in Stepaside area on Christmas Eve. Small brown (what looks to be a lab but could be a cross or a spaniel) dog with a red collar with the word 'woof' on it. Neutured but not micro-chipped, obviously well cared for. He could have been missing for a while as he is quite thin (the vet didn't think worryingly so) and his collar is very loose.

Please pm me if you think you may know the owner.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Oh that's so frustrating to see a dog with a collar and a tag and just the word woof on it, if you haven't already try the lost and found section on irishanimals.ie and contact the local pounds to see if anyone's reported that type of dog missing and if you can try and get the local radio station to mention it.
    Fingers crossed there's a good outcome and well done for taking him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muleyule

Thanks Guineapigrescue!

I am delighted to say that the dog has been reunited with his estatic owners. We contacted the dspca today who put us in touch with them.

They spent their entire Christmas worrying and looking for him.

One thing that is very annoying is both myself and the owners contacted Stepaside garda station on Christmas Eve to report a found (us) and lost (them) dog but they never put us in touch with each other. Plus the local vet we brought him to, again on Xmas Eve was also contacted by the owner and again they were not told someone had found a dog matching his description. If it wasn't for the dspca they would still be out looking for him.

Advertisement