Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music and Games Fair - Dun Laoghaire, 3rd - 4th Jan '09

Options
  • 27-12-2008 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was passing through town on the Luas and saw poster's for the Music & Games Fair - "what's all this about?!" me thought. I checked out the website - http://www.cometrecords.eu/index.php

Could be quite good. Given the total lack of decent fairs or conventions dedicated to gamer's in the country and the slim pickings at markets or carboot sales, I will definetly be in attendance. Anyone else heading out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice find! Be up for that myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds good, if a little far over, I'll defo try to make it though.
    Not sure the better half will be too thrilled at my looking to buy some new retro stuff, could cause what the marital experts call "tension"

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not sure the better half will be too thrilled at my looking to buy some new retro stuff, could cause what the marital experts call "tension"

Ah, you not get her hooked on the Wii yet? It was made for situations like this.
    One copy of (X new Wii game) for her, one new item for me. Everyone's happy.

(Little does she know I win in both regards)

But yeah, be good if we could get a decent group to go along. Gotta be some more takers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Im going to go, despite being meant to be in verk :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might head down if the car doesn't die on me again. Have never driven out as far as dun laoghaire before, could be an adventure.

• Advertisement

Does the DART or Luas go out that far?

Master of the Universe

The Dart goes all the way to Greystones!

I'm from Laois. No idea where Greyhoundstones is :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Looks alright, i may go myself

does the 75 bus stop anywhere near it? i know it goes to dun laoghaire

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, the M50 goes all the way round, so that's me sorted, just wondering what sort of retro goodies might be on offer, have an awful feeling in my water that it'll be the same old tat, namely old Xbox and GC games, all overpriced, plus some scratched DC disks to boot.
    All the good stuff would surely be snaffled off.
    Anyone know what sort of folk take a stall at these things?
    Was it on last year?
    Was there good pickings at it?
    I mean, don't want to go all the way to Dun Laoghaire only to find a load of stuff I already own.

And as for herself and the Wii, she's immune!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Looks alright, i may go myself

does the 75 bus stop anywhere near it? i know it goes to dun laoghaire

I'm not sure. But Dun Laoghaire town is a small enough place. And the bus terminal is close enough to the hotel.
    I mean, don't want to go all the way to Dun Laoghaire only to find a load of stuff I already own.

On the other hand, you don't want to stay at home only to have me come on here and tell everyone they were selling AES carts for a fiver.

Your scenario seems most likely but you never know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Alright then, im in

i dont have anything better to do anyways :p

I'm going to try go on Sunday before I'm in work :S You can get the DART all the way to Dun Laoghaire, walk down Crofton road and just take a right and your on Marine road. The Hotel is hard to miss, bit mad looking. Was gawking at their website and the place looks expensive, so maybe this will be a decent event. I might bring a few things to exchange aswell.

My bro Kerbdog and I are going to try to make it on Saturday morning, have to bring the 5 year old son though, he better behave!!

Keep dreaming I'm being offered a mint Odyssey console and all the vendor wants os the child, wake up in a sweat, what to do, what to do, I'm sure she'd notice he was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Turns out I can't go :(
    Call me if yea see anything good though electronic/game wise!
    My bro Kerbdog and I are going to try to make it on Saturday morning, have to bring the 5 year old son though, he better behave!!

Keep dreaming I'm being offered a mint Odyssey console and all the vendor wants os the child, wake up in a sweat, what to do, what to do, I'm sure she'd notice he was gone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Right I'm defo going but think I'll be taking the dart instead of the car since I'd just end up loast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

gonna pop along as well - hopefully find something nice :)

whos going tomorrow and whos going on sunday?

Master of the Universe

I'll be heading out tomorrow myself. Really looking forward to it. :) Fingers crossed I don't spend a fortune.

I'm heading tomorrow as well. I'll have to set the alarm, bit of a trek for me on the trains.

• Advertisement

Dammit!
    I was going to go today but circumstances dictate otherwise, feck!
    Let me know how today goes,
    If there is a big enough jewel to be had, maybe I'll pull a fast one at work on Sunday and get over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

Just been. No games stuff at all (bar a gears of war book) mainly vinyl and cds, a few 8 tracks fooled me into thinking they were carts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ah grand. Thanks for letting us know.

No need to trek out to Dun Laoghaire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Big let down.
    No games at all, I talked to the event coordinator he said the two guys that were supposed to be selling the games never showed up!
    Complete waste of time..

Master of the Universe

Bollocks! :( Glad I read this thread, was just about to head out the door.

Aw, thats a shame :( was just about to leave myself

maybe the games people might turn up tomorrow?

Thank god I stayed in bed and didn't leave early.

Master of the Universe

maybe the games people might turn up tomorrow?

I did think that... but I doubt it. :( Can't see people traveling with all that gear just for one day.

Any idea where they were from?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any idea where they were from?

Well the guy I talked to said he was sorry and that I could have a free ticket to the next event in November, so I would assume they are not local and will not show up tommorow...

• Advertisement

Ah **** :/

Advertisement