Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botanic Gardens and 2 G.A.A shots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Love the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Hi Leo!
    Pics generally tend to get more favourable attention if they are linked here as actual pictures.

#1 Bit small for me to really soak it in and doesn't really do anything for me.
    #2 Crowd in the background is very distracting and it's a ok picture, wee bit could be cropped of the bottom.
    #3 I love I love! Donno if it's the goggles and I'm a glasses wearer lol but nah it's just a great picture. I feel like I'm about to kick the ball looking at the motion thats just about to happen.
    Its prob cropped too tight top and bottom and woulda liked a fraction more space in the direction he is facing.
    Nice n sharp but again no background blur, what lens and aperture setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thanks A.R. The picture was taken with Canon 50 - 250 is lens. Shutter 1/800 and f/10. The lad in the photo has that effect on pople. He is "Giddy" a great lad to have on a team He plays "A" Div Hurling and Football. Good all rounder. What did I do wrong posting the pics. My first time posting without without my mate on other end of seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Not sure how you link from Flickr, I use Pixie which is dead easy for noobs like me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like the composition in #1 but think its quite dark - not sure was this the day or the exposure?

I'm not a sports head but i'd think #2 and #3 are decent attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

For posting from flickr - there's a tutorial from nilhg in the stickies here

I think there's about 10 steps to the flickr option (to be fully compliant with the flickr community rules of link back, etc..) or a 2 steps to the pix.ie version. Personally, i'm more and more using the pix.ie option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Wow I love the first one, I'd like it brightened but it reminds me of the pictures in an old gardening book my mam used to use. Timeless...

The kids are great too, when I see kid shots like this I wish I could see the adult version beside it in the same position, I must do that actually, go to a nephews football game and take a pic and do it again in 15 yrs... wouldnt it be class.

I love how determined they look but obviously it is all down to your photography;)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

You are getting their scout. Nearly got the posting with the images in.
    One more lesson and you'll be flying.

Love number 3. The Edgar Davids of St. Maurs !!

Wait till you get that new lens going.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I like the composition in #1 but think its quite dark - not sure was this the day or the exposure?

I'm not a sports head but i'd think #2 and #3 are decent attempts.
    I was messing around with Picasa. Crop, Saturation, Gradual tint and a few others.
    Timeless... Smelltheglove, Yes thats a feeling I could have there. Just by playing around and experimenting hopefully I will soon post something a little better. Thanks for comments.
    BTW I like your band shots. Have not been to a decent gig in years. Getting on a bit now

LeoB wrote: »
    I was messing around with Picasa. Crop, Saturation, Gradual tint and a few others.
    Timeless... Smelltheglove, Yes thats a feeling I could have there. Just by playing around and experimenting hopefully I will soon post something a little better. Thanks for comments.
    BTW I like your band shots. Have not been to a decent gig in years. Getting on a bit now

Thank you very much for the compliment. Still a lot to learn but I'm enjoying learning.

I would love to get to the botanics soon, I shot a wedding there but never had time to look around, beautiful place.

You did a good job with it all the same, if I remember the name of the book it reminds me of I will post it.

As for better, the way I improve is by looking at each of my shots and deciding what went right and what went wrong, I then hang on to the right part and even enhance if possible and change whatever went wrong. The amount of pictures I have taken without thinking and afterwards see my own shadow in the shot, I just wanna kick myself up the ass....

• Advertisement

[quote=smelltheglove;58393037

I would love to get to the botanics soon, I shot a wedding there but never had time to look around, beautiful place.

As for better, the way I improve is by looking at each of my shots and deciding what went right and what went wrong, I then hang on to the right part and even enhance if possible and change whatever went wrong. The amount of pictures I have taken without thinking and afterwards see my own shadow in the shot, I just wanna kick myself up the ass....[/quote]

Sounds familar. Thats more or less what I try to do. I am very critical of what I do with my stuff, hense very little gets posted on boards. Time to revisit places is my problem. Small family but promised mself time in 2009 to do a lot more with camera. I am going bact to Botanic gardens today to try and improve on the pic I posted, about 2.30, so If anyone is there from boards say hello:) Thanks again for comments.

There's an idea... only babs is sick, having young kids restricts the photography opportunities..... looking forward to seeing the reuslts.

Quote. smelltheglove only babs is sick, having young kids restricts the photography opportunities..............
    know the feeling, my daughter is quite sick today. My son will tag along tho, Good eye for 10 yr old. It does get a bit easier as they get a bit bigger. Results posted only if half decent. Will try a few of exact same as posted yesterday. Hope babs is ok soon.

Advertisement