Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Christmas Sales.

Options
  • 27-12-2008 12:45pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just wondering around the shops in Athlone and looking at Steam some good gaming bargins to be had.

Steam
    Beyond Good and Evil €3.87
    Pysconaughts €8.99

Game
    Prince of Persia €35.00 PS3, €25.00 PC
    Football Manger 2009 €25.00
    Red Alert 3 Premier Edition €31.98
    Valkyria Chronicles €31.98

Gamespot
    Buy one PC Game get one of the following Free (Star War Galaxy:The Complete Online Adventure, Bejing Oympics, Shadowrun, Universe at War)
    Red Alert 3 €19.99

Suppose thats just a start, anyone else see some good deals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

there's a lot of good deals on steam at the moment, but I'm a bit pissed at their euro to dollar straight conversion, so don't know if I will buy off them, still... the dow pack for 15 euro is very tempting, just makes you wonder though, is it 15 dollars for the yanks.. then I get annoyed :P

anything going in gamestop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Azza wrote: »
    Game
    Prince of Persia €35.00 PS3, €25.00 PC

Still €25.49 for the PS3 and 360 versions on play.com (or £17.99...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Valkyria Chronicles €31.98

*eyes pop out of head*

Was gonna get this for my friends b-day, at this price I might get him Folklore too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is folklore good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was just about to post about the Steam Sale - some great offers in there! Sale page is here - it ends on the 2nd January.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Picked up the Special Edition of PoP in Game today, for €31. There were loads of games on sale, Far Cry 2, Sonic Unleashed and Mirror's Edge were €25, with loads of stuff for €31-35.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Got Portal, Audiosurf, Race07, Bioshock and Darwinia...All for around 5euro each with that Steam sale. Couple of others I was tempted by but money doesn't grow on trees (plus I'll actually have to play the five I bought!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Can someone plz help me with Steam

what do you put in for the post code when you enter your Visa details

its keeps telling me that my address is incorrect, so my card cant be used :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I use Visa with Steam and for the postcode I always just put in none.

I use Visa with Steam and for the postcode I always just put in none.

i have just tried

my name
    house number
    Clondalkin
    Dublin,dublin
    none

still not working :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

Enter 000000 for your postcode

Fionnanc wrote: »
    Enter 000000 for your postcode

still not working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Stevo105 wrote: »
    still not working

That's happened to me before, twice over the years. You'll have to open a case with Steam Support. They'll get back to you fairly quickly, probably today as they'll more than likely have to release the credit card on their system as you've now probably made 3 or more failed attempts.

Cheers,
    TC

TinCool wrote: »
    That's happened to me before, twice over the years. You'll have to open a case with Steam Support. They'll get back to you fairly quickly, probably today as they'll more than likely have to release the credit card on their system as you've now probably made 3 or more failed attempts.

Cheers,
    TC

thx mate
    I logged a call yesterday... mybe i'll get something later on ..

its blocked now ... tried it too many times, as you said :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Clondalkin is Dublin 22 so just stick 22 in to the postcode area.

GOG are doing a small sale on some bundles and they still charge in dollars :)

Mantel wrote: »
    Clondalkin is Dublin 22 so just stick 22 in to the postcode area.

GOG are doing a small sale on some bundles and they still charge in dollars :)

my House
    Clondalkin
    Dublin,dublin

no luck. what do you use?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I always put in 5 zero's 00000
    or n/a

mayordenis wrote: »
    I always put in 5 zero's 00000
    or n/a

tried both... still not working

I have called MBNA... there no help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I had the same problem with mine when I first tried to order from steam... I think they're just a bit stricter than most places when it comes to billing address...
    Sent an email to support and they sorted it the next day, and it hasn't been a problem since

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ire, that normally works as postcode/zipcode in most places, including Paypal.

As for great sales, got Katamari for the 360 for 16.99 in HMV, they also have Fallout 3 for 26.99.
    Mirrors Edge seems to be everywhere for 30, while it says 25 in Games window, when you go in its 30 quid.

As far as I know, the varios games retailers put in their orders for their christmas stock ages ago, ordered tons of Mirrors Edge, Fallout, Sonic etc and then were caught when nobody bought them, so now we seem to have the sale of the century, although the games not bought in vast numbers, Motorstorm: Pacific Rim, Resistance 2 etc have not really dropped in price at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement