Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 1Ds MarkII or 1D MarkIII

Options
  • 27-12-2008 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

A friend of mine might be selling his 1Ds Mark II.I'm interested in it.But wonder would i be better off to buy a 1D MarkIII instead?Also what would be a reasonable offer for the 1Ds Mark II? Thank's inadvance..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you need quality, go for the 1Ds II, if you've some reason for the 11 fps, go for the III, personally, I'd prefer the quality, but I don't go near sports. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

I got a mint 1ds mII for 2.5k a few months back, was happy to pay asking as there was very low clickage on it... I'd say 2k if its in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Always slow to buy second-hand bodies.
    You don't know what kind of usage it has had and could end up spending a lot on repairs, before you've even managed to fill a memory card.

As Fajitas says, it depends on what you want the camera for.
    The 1Ds and 1D are aimed at different sectors in the market, with the 1D being the tool of choice for the majority of sports togs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

1Ds is more for portraits, fashion, weddings.
    1D is more for sport, photojournalism.

1Ds - larger image size, more Mp
    1D - faster burst rate, larger memory buffer

1Ds - full frame
    1D - 1.3 crop

Work out what sort of photography is for you, and then make your choice.

Advertisement