Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park....26/12/2008

Options
  • 27-12-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

1.3138885797_771564e52a.jpg

2.3138694007_956cc05cd2.jpg

3.3138832127_422eca7090.jpg

4.3138838137_b4b3e447ce.jpg

5.3139688734_4cbc4383b4.jpg

Boyfriend trying out his new Xmas toy....!
    6.3138587113_5b541fb279.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's dear in Phoenix park? :confused:

Nice pictures, not sure on the vignetting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Decent set, not mad on the vignetting either but do like the unusual angle of the Squirrel one.
    Last one is a fisheye lens?
    and what Cameras you use each?

and MM they're are hundreds of Deers in the PP, they even slaughter a % each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

There are loads of fabulous deers in the Phoenix park...they are usually around the Upper Glen Road - take the entrance on the Chapelizod Road.
    Very nice pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Decent set, not mad on the vignetting either but do like the unusual angle of the Squirrel one.
    Last one is a fisheye lens?
    and what Cameras you use each?

and MM they're are hundreds of Deers in the PP, they even slaughter a % each year.

Its not "slaughter" they have to cull the deer population or else it will get to out of control and make $hit of PP,they have to control it as there's no wolves in ireland any more to do the job for us

Also i like the photos,nice colours

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

l know a lot of you don't like the vignetting, lt's a hard habbit to break!!!!!:(

@ the moment l'm using Nikon D60 & better half using second hand D70...Cheap & Cheerfull....did use fisheye on the last one, only learning, first time out today.....

lf ur planning to go see deer in the park go to the cross, can't miss them, but they are shy and don't wait around too long. Only have 200mm. Planning on getting 400mm soon, which would be perfect to capture these beautiful animals.:)

Thanks for comments guys.....:D:D

Linda

• Advertisement

pm'd people instead as was off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Tell your boyfriend he would of been better off using a lens hood in that sunlight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

/grabs popcorn and spectates.

Ricky

We did have one with us but it was left in the bag!!!!!!:rolleyes: (typical)

kensutz wrote: »

:D

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    art.3d.overview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I just broke the vignetting habit:D

Mine was slighter and more like a border as it was rectangular but I eased my self out by now using a 3ot black border. It just makes the image feel a bit better to me to have something around it and a 3pt border is so tiny it doesnt take away from the pic but still gives an edge, try it.

Nice shots. I grew up by the park gate and so dont have much interest in going in to take pics, I must do it though, maybe when its warmer.

Thanks Glove,

I'm a bloody vignetting addict!......Also, Drinking Baileys + late night Processing = Bad judgment!!!!!

Hic!!!!
    LP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I really like 2 & 3 but would crop to the left of Squirrell. Is that a red Squirrell? They are very hard to capture. I like the colours of the deer. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Vignetting is good(!) :) Although in fairness works best when subtle and not overdone. #2 would be the favorite for me but would prefer a crop not so tight - if its a processed crop then you could try enlarging the contextual area around the subject.

Nice one Linda.

Note to everyone replying - keep on topic. It may be Christmas but a shiny new yellow or red card isn't what you want to be getting a gift from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm on dial up so this is just a quick note:

OP, I like the squirrel. I am not altogether sure about the crop on the second deer however, and I would consider converting the first deer to black and white. Up the contrast a little before hitting it. Lovely set though. Am a little envious. My deer photography is scant.

I'd like to reiterate AnCatDubh's clarion call for on topicness. He is far nicer than I am so if you're going to ignore it, I'd like to say you'll be luckier to catch his attention more than mine. Bans may well ensue for aggravated off topic or inflammatory posting. Regular posters should not need to be reminded about this.

I'd ask users to report such posts rather than respond inline to them. It helps us a lot.

Advertisement