Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your bad self

Options
  • 26-12-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

awful and unfunny thank you rte.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well I laughed. It's not the greatest show on earth, but compared to everything else on RTE, it's an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

laughed at what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

It wasnt bad

It wasnt any good either

Really Good cast (well some of them;) )

Dont know who wrote it but it looked like it was written by serious actor
    type(s) who had done a bit of comedy acting and fancied having a try.

Watched first 4 or so Sketches

Too long to be punchy
    Too short to be drag it out humour
    Just long enough for you to know what was coming long before the end

I feel for anyone who didnt know what was coming:eek:

The Garda one:o:o

Seeing as most shows, espically shows going out for the first time over the xmas (people half asleep flicking)
    start off with the strong sketches i fear for the rest of it

Its a shame!!!:o
    which is better than 90% of what RTE put out as comedy; which is a disgrace!:mad: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

this show was the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen in my whole life. It wasn't comedy it was pure drivel. The days of using bad and coarse language to get laughs are long gone - the idiot Tiernan uses the same tactics

On the other hand the Katherine Lynch show was very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Too long, and needed the belt of a good vicious editor to trim it down and cut out all the chaff, but there were some funny moments.

Many of them lifted from Man Stroke Woman or the fast show, mind you, but funny nonetheless.

High points were the garda sketch, and the forgotten computer password :
    "Have you tried 'password'?
    "No, it's something specific to me , like 'Abba' or ' Princess' ".
    "Oh. Right. Have you tried 'Horrible Ginger bitch'?"

and the one-off lines in the teacher pervert sketches :

"Have to be off now miss, those arses wont frotter themselves."

The funny sketches were outnumbered by the rubbish ones, but on the whole, it's better than Rté's usual ebola-ridden attempts at comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Didn't get to see it but I think it was written by John Butler - am I right in thinking that's the same John Butler who writes for the Irish Times?

There are 4 sketch show pilots being broadcast on RTE in January. One a week, each Monday.

They've actually got some decent live comedy troupes (Diet of Worms, Dead Cat Bounce) to do them so the results may be good - although I also heard Dave McSavage is doing one so that'll be eh..... interesting I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh dear, perhaps it's only me who's spotted that the title is taken from a phrase Tommy Vance used when pranked by Chris Morris.

In our new economic environment RTE will find itself being the weakest link...Goodbye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Perhaps it is. Most of us have more to be getting on with than spotting irrelevancies. :D

There was me thinking it was a quote from a James Brown record released many decades before Chris Morris picked up a microphone.

Kudos on the topical 'Weakest link' reference though. When the writers get the next bus back to the year 2000, that's really gonna hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

laughed at what?
    Laughed at bits of the show. Just because it's by RTE we don't have to automatically claim to hate it. As I said, it's not the greatest show on Earth, but there's been much worse out there. At least it seems like they're trying to raise the bar ehre. Not by much, but they're trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Thank christ Im not paying a TV license. Utter shiad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's not the worst comedy inflicted on us by RTE but it ain't good at the same time. I think there might be a bit of potential there but there were more poor sketches than good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I switched over to Ch 108. Far more interesting :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

Wow, RTE really surprised me. Just when I was thinking that Colm and Jim Jims home run was by far the worst piece of absolute rubbish they broadcast this year, this tripe comes along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

humanji wrote: »
    Laughed at bits of the show. Just because it's by RTE we don't have to automatically claim to hate it. As I said, it's not the greatest show on Earth, but there's been much worse out there. At least it seems like they're trying to raise the bar ehre. Not by much, but they're trying.

who said i sat down and kept my mouth shut because it was on rte, it was TERRIBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

it might have been an awful lot better written if it was called

"Yer bad self"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

It was all a bit Dublin 4 for my liking.

Advertisement