Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trouble with E220 and Vista

Options
  • 26-12-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I had a good long search online and on the board here but I can't find a solution.
    I'm trying to install an E220 from Vodafone on a Vista laptop - the modem works fine on XP and on other Vista machines which already have the modem installed. On the new Vista laptop however (which will accept an O2 E220) I only get a pop-up saying:
    D:\VMCLirwSetup.exe
    The directory name is invalid
    When I use explore to view the modem's files I am able to run Setup. This proceeds almost to the end but then I get following error seen on the attached picture. The drivers have been updated for Vista by Vodafone, who are blaming the computer. PC World are blaming the modem.

Any and all ideas entertained and greatly appreciated!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

We use all Vodafone modems (same model) in work and I've installed it on several laptops and my manager uses a Vista laptop without problems.

Its not the software I don't think. Download the software from their website if possible and see if that has the sames problem.

Also try to run the software in compatibility mode if possible. It almost never works but who knows, you might get lucky.

Make sure your logged in as administrator and try disabling UAC for install in control panel and then you can enable it again afterwards. There wouldn't be many differences between Vista and XP so it might be possible to get it to work if you mess around with a few settings like that.

Vista information post install here (you may or may not need it, just ran into it):
    http://carecentre.vodafone.ie/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=1013&CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&selectedArticleId=1013

Advertisement