Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Quay - C&C

Options
  • 26-12-2008 7:02pm

Got the lend of a D90 for the day - had no idea how to use it properly at all however still any comments etc are appreciated. (Be nice though, I am really hungover!)

13138931126_3a416e77d8.jpg?v=0
    (not kilmore, but view from house when getting out of car)

23138928740_751d65174e.jpg?v=0

33138100255_1af89553db.jpg?v=0

43138928196_7e68e260de.jpg?v=0

53138099815_d25e3742cf.jpg?v=0

63138099575_cc66e4e37d.jpg?v=0

73138927474_aff9f4c420.jpg?v=0

83138099059_413578c879.jpg?v=0

93138098745_edc08038cf.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

it's easier to C&C if they're numbered.
    I will say though that they look sharp and nice colour/contrast but the photos are too small to really go over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I dont know if it's the glass of wine im drinking, but the horizon looks slightly off in some of the photos.

In photo 9 its about 4 pixels difference, my eyes are being pedantic.

I really like no1!

TPD wrote: »
    I dont know if it's the glass of wine im drinking, but the horizon looks slightly off in some of the photos.

In photo 9 its about 4 pixels difference, my eyes are being pedantic.

I really like no1!

Cheers - was being blown all over the shop while taking those, balanced on a couple of rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Some lovely shots there- too many to go through individually but if you have photoshop a levels adjustment and a slight straighten would help

Cheers - I use GIMP but can only really resize images with it at the moment.

Grabbed the camera again today, was my last chance to use it. Here are some from Rosslare in Wexford. Again, all C&C is great (and I am not hung over so you can be nasty! ;) )

1rosslare1.jpg

2rosslare2.jpg

3rosslare3.jpg

4rosslare4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Good shooting, you're getting the hang of it I see. I like the 1st one, looks like the sun is parting the sea. I like the last one, I'm guessing thats Mt Leinster in the background !

Good shooting, you're getting the hang of it I see. I like the 1st one, looks like the sun is parting the sea. I like the last one, I'm guessing thats Mt Leinster in the background !

Cheers - I really like the D90! I didn't want to put it on full automatic and messed up most of my shots in the process! However, thats how I learn I suppose! Yep, thats Mount Leinster (and Wexford town) in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Def easier on the eye and they look much better in the larger frames, nice set.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hmmmm.......I often wondered what a sunrise or sunset would be like from the top of Mt Leinster !!:rolleyes:
    Have you still got that D90, and a car ? he he.:D

Hmmmm.......I often wondered what a sunrise or sunset would be like from the top of Mt Leinster !!:rolleyes:
    Have you still got that D90, and a car ? he he.:D

No and No :(, flying back to the UK tomorrow...

On the right day it would be a great shot though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i was down there all christmas with my grandmother, a few of the shots are pretty much over the wall from her backgarden, beautiful place...if only I was into that sorta stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Zar, I think it's time for you to get a DSLR of your own :p

Advertisement