Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangover Cure?

Options
  • 26-12-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

anyone got a good cure for a hangover?and not drinking again cos i already tried that:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Time.

Drink some water while you're waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Maybe its too late for you now, but two panadol and a pint of water before bed does the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

water soemthing spicey something salty something sweet and have as hower and two headx:cool:, and may be a walk out side

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Time and plenty of water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Take two panadol and drink some water, go for a nap, that'll get rid of your headache if you have one. As regards to your stomach, you can only wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

2 sausages, 2 rashers, 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast, some beans, mushrooms and a cup of tea should do the trick

Other than that, go back to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Alka Seltzer FTW.

And a few spoons of honey every two hours or so.

Oh and an apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

marko91 wrote: »
    anyone got a good cure for a hangover?and not drinking again cos i already tried that:cool:

A shower or a bath is always a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Fizman wrote: »
    Alka Seltzer FTW.

Without fail has made me puke on all 3 occasions I tried this. It just fizzes up your stomach and messes with an already bad situation. I filled a bin in my room full of foamy goodness last time I tried this.

The only cure is a dirty big breakfast, stay in bed, lucozade Energy (orange, not origional) 20 smokes and wait it out, sleep if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

A can of Diet coke always works for me.

And , no , I can't explain why , it just does.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 aghastlrbaboon

Has anyone tried a half hour in the sea - I did a training camp in tor. molinos and after the squad was let out on the tear half way through we were brought down to the beach and made sit in the sea for an hour.

Not pleasant but super effective...walked out concentrating more on the numbness of my extremities then the beer still knocking about in my stomach and i had no headache at all. Best hangover cure ive ever come across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

I would avoid drinking anything other than water; fizzy drinks (especially those containg caffeine) will only dehydrate you further (prolonging the headache).

I find pasta is the easiest meal to eat while you have a hangover. Toast is good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Try not drinking a sh1t load of beer, that always cures my hangover.

Wait a minute............:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Fizman wrote: »
    Alka Seltzer FTW.

ah the old fizzy good make feel nice

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got this studenty-style cookbook yesterday as a present(kinda joke as I barely know how to use the oven), but in it was a section for hangovers. One thing that sounded lovely was to juice some strawberries and melon, and blend dome bananas and ice, and then drink away. Can be made before ya go out sure, but its liquid, has plenty of vitamins, so sounds perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Big Mac and MacDonalds coke. I **** you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Slayer - Raining Blood. Listen to it 8 times and you will be 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Em sounds rude but a visit to the toilet usually gets the beer ect out of your stomach fairly quick. Thats why eating a good bit before drinking does the trick the next morning for me.

**** loads of water plus any sort of tablet reduces the chances of headaches just before bed. Try to get as much water in as possible the night before, even if im absolutely twisted i always have the know how in my head to get a pint of water before leaving wherever i am. If you have a headache the next day some people say lucozade sport is a good cure but im not so sure really, cos i haven't had a proper hangover in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I dont get headachey hangovers, my stomach's always in bits the next day though if I've gone to bed very drunk. Unfortunately nothing seems to work for me, I just vom everything up, so all I can do is wait it out and vom when I have to :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

My 100% guaranteed hangover cure:
    1. Invent a time machine
    2. Travel Back to last night
    3. Don't drink as much

Anything else is old wives' tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

A cold pint.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Soda water with some Angostura bitters and a big pile of buttery spuds.

Also, some sort of exercise usually sweats the worst of it out of you. You need to get the oxygen flowing around your body again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Me to you

Get drunk again tonight and worry about tomorrows hangover in the morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

1 litre of orange juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Drink more.

Advertisement