Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara's International Ale House - Closing..

Options
  • 26-12-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Shame, up for lease as of first of jan, no more Rusty for me :mad::o

fbp.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Damn it ! We were always gonna have pub closures but one would have hoped that the crap pubs would close and the great pubs like Tara's would survive.

We can only blame the tasteless consumer!:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

While it is tragic, part of me has little sympathy for a niche pub that's inaccessible by public transport. I really fancied heading down to their festival last summer but discovered that it was basically impossible to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

BeerNut wrote: »
    While it is tragic, part of me has little sympathy for a niche pub that's inaccessible by public transport. I really fancied heading down to their festival last summer but discovered that it was basically impossible to do.

the bus eireaan and kavanaghs busses go thru birdhill, alternatively, theres a train via ballybrophy. ah yes, a 3 hour chuggy chuggy train that stops like a good thomas the tank engine to wait for the customers from cork...

either end up, if y'er not in a city then, yeah, the public transport links are undoubtedly going to be ridiculous....

But then, not everyone lives in cities...

fbp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

fatboypee wrote: »
    the bus eireaan and kavanaghs busses go thru birdhill, alternatively, theres a train via ballybrophy. ah yes, a 3 hour chuggy chuggy train that stops like a good thomas the tank engine to wait for the customers from cork...
    Well that was the plan, but it only brings me to Birdhill, not Killaloe. The next part of my ingenious scheme was to take my bike and cycle the rest of the way, except Irish Rail don't have a firm policy on bikes and it's quite possible that an official can refuse to take one. Which would be fine at Heuston 'cos then I'd just go home again, but if it happened at the Limerick Junction changeover it'd be a tad more problematic. So I stayed in and whined to some people on the Internet about it: next best thing.
    fatboypee wrote: »
    not everyone lives in cities
    But it's where the niche market for decent beer mostly is. Like Dublin's good beer bars, Tara's would have depended heavily on the tourist market. If that doesn't bring people through the door in sufficient numbers then the place won't survive. Biddy Early's discovered this last year (another pub I'd love to have visited but never figured out how).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pebblesjm

Please say it isn't so.....I love Tara's, so much nicer than all the other oubs round the place!!!!:(

Are ye sure that its not just that one side of it has been turned into a home entertainment centre thing..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

pebblesjm wrote: »
    Please say it isn't so.....I love Tara's, so much nicer than all the other oubs round the place!!!!:(

Are ye sure that its not just that one side of it has been turned into a home entertainment centre thing..........

Last night was new years eve, place is being let on DAFT.ie as retail unit, guess licence got sold off :(

fbp

Advertisement