Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best deals on 08s in Australia

Options
  • 25-12-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I remember a thread a year or two back about the end of year runout sales in Australia. Any tips on where to get the best deals on 08 cars that I can register in 09? Then I can have a nice cheap 09 plate when I come home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

IF you are bringing back a car form OZ the best deals compared to Ireland are on 4x4s, and japanese cars.
    Landcruiser 200/v8 tend to be around 45k euro in Oz but base price in Ireland is about 140k.

I am persuming this is a personal import/change of location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm looking for something like a Focus or an Astra to be honest. I have a commercial 4x4 in Ireland that I can neither sell nor export, so I'm hanging on to it. I could buy a banger in Aus but I'll save a packet on VRT/Runout Pricing if I buy new. I'll be moving home at some stage in the next 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ballooba wrote: »
    I'm looking for something like a Focus or an Astra to be honest. I have a commercial 4x4 in Ireland that I can neither sell nor export, so I'm hanging on to it. I could buy a banger in Aus but I'll save a packet on VRT/Runout Pricing if I buy new. I'll be moving home at some stage in the next 18 months.

You will find it hard enough to find an "Irish friendly" size engined car like a Focus or Astra in OZ. They mostly like their big V8s.

Smallest Focus sold there is a 2.0 litre petrol which would pretty much be sale proof over here once you are done with it, good news however is that they do sell the 2.0 TDCi Focus too. Mondeo is also sold there, smallest petrol engine is the 2.3 but the 2.0 TDCi is also available.

GM version of Opel is Holden in Oz and they sell a rebadged Opel Astra there, smallest petrol engined Astra is 1.8 but they do offer the 1.9 CDTi diesel there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Balooba, just to let you know that your sig links to a whole page of 'cruisers not just your one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've seen a few Holden's here, I'm sure they share all the same parts bar the badge to Opel's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I've seen a few Holden's here, I'm sure they share all the same parts bar the badge to Opel's.

bar the badge and the 3.7, 5.7 or 6 lit engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Balooba, just to let you know that your sig links to a whole page of 'cruisers not just your one.
    It's not up on Carzone anymore and I'm too lazy to take my sig down. Thanks though.

Advertisement