Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The so-called "M8" Cashel bypass: I give up!

Options
  • 24-12-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I drive it maybe twice a week at most and never fail to see at least one tractor chugging along in the hard shoulder. That particular problem is endemic; but fair enough, I've said my piece about it elsewhere on these boards.

Now we have a private company, McDonalds and a petrol seller apparently, building their very own service area at junction 8 and - get this! - not only that, but they will alter junction 8 to make it unrestricted access so that customers can get to them easily. I mean, why did the NRA bother at all with redesignating this stretch? It's made precious little difference.

To top it all off, today I encountered a Traveller-driven pony and trap going in the wrong direction on the motorway. I was on the Junction 8 slip road, accelarating to join the main northbound carriageway, when lo and behold yer man, who was heading north on the hard shoulder, clip clops his animal and cart to do a U-turn and come up against me, before leaving the slip altogether and directing his beast over some grass to his caravan. I gesticulated my astonishment at him, and his reply was two-fingered. He had broken the fencing that separates his caravan from the junction 8 sliproad to give himself direct access.

I called the Traffic Watch number and informed them, but honestly, at this stage, I'm ready to give up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

3134742413_3b316b368e_b.jpg

3134753693_4262644509.jpg

3134764641_35bef8e23b.jpg

3134776675_4f08baabb4.jpg

3134790471_d3c3f87019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Furet wrote: »
    To top it all off, today I encountered a Traveller-driven pony and trap going in the wrong direction on the motorway. I was on the Junction 8 slip road, accelarating to join the main northbound carriageway, when lo and behold yer man, who was heading north on the hard shoulder, clip clops his animal and cart to do a U-turn and come up against me, before leaving the slip altogether and directing his beast over some grass to his caravan. I gesticulated my astonishment at him, and his reply was two-fingered. He had broken the fencing that separates his caravan from the junction 8 sliproad to give himself direct access.

I called the Traffic Watch number and informed them, but honestly, at this stage, I'm ready to give up.

That's his Culture, don't forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

how ya buss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭JackFrosty

xbox36016 wrote: »
    how ya buss
    thats funny

Advertisement