Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Insurers for the Republic?

Options
  • 24-12-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am I still restricted to Irish Insurance companies when insuring an Irish car? or are there now UK insurers willing to cover?

I havent shopped around for a while and due to the fact I have a performance vehicle (FTO - hardly a ferarri) I have extreme difficulty getting quotes.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're not restricted as such, but no insurer that is not already trading in this market will cover you here basically. A large proportion of them will not even provide cover to NI addresses!

Have you tried a broker that deals with St Pauls Travellers? They're meant to be quite good for performance cars, I believe Britton's is the broker a fair few people use.

Advertisement