Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Enterprise Car Sales, Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

It's not the first one I've seen, what's so special about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have another look.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Is it that the car is taxed as a 2.0 liter but in fact its 3.0 liter?

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Bingo. Have a look at their website, 'Limericks Largest Independent Car Dealer', 'established on the Dock Road in Limerick for the past 18 years'. And they're advertising tax fraud?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Anan1 wrote: »
    Bingo. Have a look at their website, 'Limericks Largest Independent Car Dealer', 'established on the Dock Road in Limerick for the past 18 years'. And they're advertising tax fraud?

They wouldnt be that stupid,,,iys obiously exempt for some reason,not that i know the reason,but im sure someone will be along soon that will know///

• Advertisement

thetyreman wrote: »
    They wouldnt be that stupid,,,iys obiously exempt for some reason,not that i know the reason,but im sure someone will be along soon that will know///
    There is no legal way to tax a 3.0 passenger car as a 2.0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Actually its probably something to do with the emissions and is equall to a 2ltr type engine with regard tax (maybe)

thetyreman wrote: »
    Actually its probably something to do with the emissions and is equall to a 2ltr type engine with regard tax (maybe)
    It's a 2005 car, road tax is cc based.

I cant say I m surprised, I bought a car from that garage nearly 3 years ago and I will never buy there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This was common on lot of imported stuff but its a disgrace that a garage is advertising this as a plus point. What happens at NCT time? questions asked?

• Advertisement

They must be desper to sell that car, plus I have to say always when I browse through carzone they seem to be the most expensive garage then any other in country.
    For some reason they value their cars more then anyone else, it s like their cars are made from gold.:rolleyes:

mickdw wrote: »
    What happens at NCT time? questions asked?
    I wonder too. NCT get their details from Shannon, so they'd have the figures for a 2.0 car. Might this mean the car could never pass its NCT?

Anan1 wrote: »
    I wonder too. NCT get their details from Shannon, so they'd have the figures for a 2.0 car. Might this mean the car could never pass its NCT?

As far as I can see nowhere on the car it says that it s a 3.0 liter, so i I dont see the way on which they can find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

His prices are out of this world.

He buys cheap from Japan and sells on at a massive margin to Joe Racer ho will spend whatever to get the cool looking car. He had Kia for around 4 months before they gave it to the dealer next door. LOL

His trade in prices are very low also. He alienated his older client base and decided to concertate on the younger impulsive audience.

Good luck to him in the recession when the young have no flipping money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Can this not be reported to someone? The VRO, or is there some more appropriate body? How can they get away with such a brazen attitude to tax fraud?

I've never heard a good word about this dealer btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I hope someone plans on reporting him? That carry on isn't acceptable at all

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    I hope someone plans on reporting him? That carry on isn't acceptable at all

Report to SIMI perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ye have to admit though, that it a nice Legacy.

Lol, although the tax fraud is a bit much.

Haha, it was like during the summer, a Limerick dealer had a Discovery 7 seater as "7 seats, but taxed as a commercial".
    Not believing my eye's, i rang and the dealer confirmed this with me. I led them in the right direction and the add was soon changed:rolleyes:

I think it's still forsale to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Bobo78 wrote: »

It wouldn't bother me tbh if I could get away with it I would, we're being robbed as it is with road tax AND vrt.

junkyard wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me tbh if I could get away with it I would, we're being robbed as it is with road tax AND vrt.

Define "we", Monsieur:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Define "we", Monsieur:P

Unless your driving a 1.0 litre car or a "green" one with cheap tax, some of us have 5 and 7 litres to worry about you know.:D

junkyard wrote: »
    Unless your driving a 1.0 litre car or a "green" one with cheap tax, some of us have 5 and 7 litres to worry about you know.:D

Haha nicely said:D

Advertisement