Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Super Strut advice

Options
  • 23-12-2008 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

HI,
    I have a celica with super strut suspension.
    Recently I hear squeeking from the front drivers side and the car does not seem a bit unstable when accelerating and hard.
    Don't think I can do anything about it until garages open again in the new year.
    I'm gussing this could be costly though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

tuxy wrote: »
    HI,
    I have a celica with super strut suspension.
    Recently I hear squeeking from the front drivers side and the car does not seem a bit unstable when accelerating and hard.
    Don't think I can do anything about it until garages open again in the new year.
    I'm gussing this could be costly though?

yes it will cost you an arm and a leg, happy xmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

cyborg wrote: »
    yes it will cost you an arm and a leg, happy xmas!

Any guideline on price?

After some research it seems that a squeaking noise could be an anti roll bar as ss failure normally makes a banging noise. If anyone knows more I would really appreciate some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Calm down. It's probably anti-roll bar links or bushings. I did the A/R/B links on my nissan recently, about €15 each on e-bay and about 15 mins labour each side DIY. If you can swing a spanner at all it's a relatively easy job.

Thanks Kzul, I think you are right. Can I do any damage driving around like this until my mechanic is back working in the new year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Not likely. Although I was once a passenger in a car when a bottom ball joint gave way taking a corner at speed. Not a situation I'd care to repeat.
    Should be ok to drive on in it but take it easy.

Advertisement