Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Issues

Options
  • 23-12-2008 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,
    I have a couple of problems with my cat , Firstly he does not seem to be cleaning himself and secondly he is pissing everywhere including the kids beds .He is a long haired Persian cat and he is 6 months old.Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

First of all i would suggest not letting a kitten into the bedroom cos more often than not they will wee on the bed because it smells of you and they will want to match this. Has the kitten never cleaned itself? If a cat is not grooming and peeing everywhere i would suggest it needs a vet visit. Cats are clean and groom for a couple of hours a day. If it's not there is something wrong. If it is poo stuck to it's bum hair it's pos it needs to be shaved to make it easier for grooming.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

There are multiple reasons why your cat may be urinating in areas where he shouldnt...Firstly it could be a medical problem, maybe kidneys or something like that. Then it could also be a behavioural problem. Either way it should be checked out.
    There are many reasons why a cat may not groom itself, cats are innately clean and will always want to groom, unless there is a problem. Some overweight cats are less prone to grooming themselves, but hopefully at 6 months old your cat is not overweight ! Again..probably should be seen by a vet. It may seem trivial to you but could be a pinpoint of something else that is wrong with your cat.

Advertisement