Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any windsurfers about?

Options
  • 23-12-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hey,

I do abit of windsurfing (from dublin). was wondering if there is any clubs were you can meet like minded people to arrange trips away and stuff? or is the best way to do this by just randomly talking to people you see rigging up by the water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Howdy, I'm a windsurfer myself but I don't know if there are many on boards.ie. Check out the Irish windsurfer's Yahoo group, there's a fair bit of traffic and lots of helpful people: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/windsurfireland/

There are probably a few clubs in Dublin, maybe you can enquire in the Yahoo group, but windsurfers are generally a friendly bunch and its easy to meet sailors if you're just rigging up, waiting for the wind to pick up, etc.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

cheers for the link. ive been googling but could only find links to clubs or forums covered by the likes of UCD and TCD, i might drop a message on that forum for info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

jon1981 wrote: »
    hey,

I do abit of windsurfing (from dublin). was wondering if there is any clubs were you can meet like minded people to arrange trips away and stuff? or is the best way to do this by just randomly talking to people you see rigging up by the water?

Hiya Jon, I do bit of windy boarding too, not great but tis nice to get out on the water when I can't make it west for some swell. I usually go to Malahide. Won't be out for a few weeks yet coz I smashed up my board last time I was out, gotta fix it when I get the chance.

hey,

ive been out there abit on courses, you have to watch those rocks alright, was that how it happened? i have only recently got my own gear so keen to get out on it.malahide is safe enough to go out alone right?
    would there be many people out in malahide this time of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

jon1981 wrote: »
    hey,

ive been out there abit on courses, you have to watch those rocks alright, was that how it happened? i have only recently got my own gear so keen to get out on it.malahide is safe enough to go out alone right?
    would there be many people out in malahide this time of the year?

Nah, smashed the nose of the board up with the boom.
    Safe as houses out in Malahide, if worst came to worst you could walk back to shore, never really gets too deep.
    If the conditions are right you'll always get folks out, course a few less than spring/summer/autumn but bound to be people out on Sat/Sun anyway.

• Advertisement

ill be sure to be careful with the boom :D
    i might try to get out on new years day depending on how the head is!

Advertisement