Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving while clamped, good or bad?

Options
  • 23-12-2008 2:56pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My biggest regret over this incident was not having my camera to hand, as it seems so bizarre that I may have dreamt it.

So last Friday I head up Airton Road near Tallaght to get a bit of BK on the Belgard Road for my lunch. Traffic was backed up a lot more than normal and I glimpsed a few hi-vis jackets so assumed that the Gardai were directing Christmas traffic or similar. So lo and behold as I get to the top of the queue there is a 96/97 era Primera stopped about 5 feet into the junction and I initially thought it was broken down.

But as I snake past, I can see that a yellow triangle shaped clamped was wedged in the top of the wheel arch with chains wrapped around the wheel. As I saw it I burst out laughing and at the same time thought WTF, how in the hell could somebody have got even that far with a clamp attached?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Was homer driving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oh if youtube wasn't blocked in work I'd post that classic Simpsons New York episode

Maybe the driver picked it up from there?

skip to 1:54

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What time was this at? Work off the Airton Road and didn't see it; would have loved to though!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Homer was nowhere to be found i'm afraid.

Happened around 12:30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

I saw that too
    Did you happen to notice that there was no driver but surprisingly
    as I headed into McDonalds i saw a coloured gentleman who looked some what out of breath heading the opposite direction. I shhould have taken a photo !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Darsad wrote: »
    as I headed into McDonalds i saw a coloured gentleman
    Was he yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

No pink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Victor wrote: »
    Was he yellow?

**rabble rabble**your racist for not enquireing exactly the country and town he was from and then using whatever the current allowable term for black people is** rabble rablle**

Think I'll go tell some racist jokes to even the balance of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Stekelly wrote: »
    **rabble rabble**your racist for not enquireing exactly the country and town he was from and then using whatever the current allowable term for black people is** rabble rablle**

Think I'll go tell some racist jokes to even the balance of the world.

I think he meant Yellow as in Homer Simpson and the infamous new york clamp scenario :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think he meant Yellow as in Homer Simpson and the infamous new york clamp scenario :pac:

If so, all is forgiven.:)

If not, I'm going on a rampage all over boards with the word N****r.:D (in the interests of keeping the universe in check of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if you drove with a clamp on it would be so much work ( but a cheap enough fix ) that id just write the car off as i wouldnt nor give someone the greif of fixing it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stekelly wrote: »
    If so, all is forgiven.:)

If not, I'm going on a rampage all over boards with the word N****r.:D (in the interests of keeping the universe in check of course)
    N*ggers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

This is unreal. I have seen so many threads closed on this board because the mod "feels like it". Yet this one is allowed to stay open and noones even been warned? Boards has really gone down the toilet in the last year or two.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Funxy wrote: »
    This is unreal. I have seen so many threads closed on this board because the mod "feels like it". Yet this one is allowed to stay open and noones even been warned? Boards has really gone down the toilet in the last year or two.
    Have you reported the posts that offend you? Don't presume a mod will see them if you haven't reported them.

Delly ~ The last person to post before me was a mod .......

How about this thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58280038#post58280038

Mod -
    "You know what ...I'm going to be a dictator tonight.

I'm going to close this thread ...for no other reason that I can ...and because I'm sick of it.

Stupid thread."

The mods in motors rule the roost and often are the ones to add fuel to the fire. And i fully expect i will get a warning or a ban for being so bold to point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Funxy wrote: »
    Delly ~ The last person to post before me was a mod .......

The mods in motors rule the roost and often are the ones to add fuel to the fire. And i fully expect i will get a warning or a ban for being so bold to point it out.

You obviously didnt get the very apt Southpark reference or click the Mod's link.. :rolleyes:

I did actually.

What i am saying is the mods here close down threads because they feel like it. Then when a poster makes an obvious racial remark they are not even warned and its made a joke out of.

Advertisement