Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum bets

Options
  • 23-12-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭

Right so here's the story - started up again over the christmas with a few bets here and there - doin grand, but i've noticed that the online bookie i'm betting with has stupid amounts as the maximum bet - for example is betting in running for the chelsea game - chelsea went out to 11/4 i think it was - so i decided to bet 50 quid on chelsea winning - of course no i couldn't - the max bet was €39.17 or something crazy - can anyone explain to me why this is the case?

Same thing again this morning - i see that a horse "This ones for Pat" is running, good track record, and money going on him - from 3/1 down to 9/4 when i go to put a bet on - most i could put on him was 118 quid, horse ended up going off at 13/8 i think, but why are there these stupid max bets - like come on - does this bookie want to lose customers? its not as if my bets are going to clean them out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Standard procedure for most online firms. A friend of mine, hilariously, was restricted to a bet of €3.65 on a well known English site. Can you guess which one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dodge wrote: »
    Standard procedure for most online firms. A friend of mine, hilariously, wa strcited to a bet of €3.65 on a well known English site. Can you guess which one? :D

more than likely its the same site - its a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

how silly.. i took them at the big odds and was able to put it on no problem with boyles

whats the site your referring to so i can be made aware to avoid it at all costs :) name and shame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thought it was obvious but just in case; Bet365

meh thats not the site i was using - they are a well known crowd english crowd and have officies in ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Ace2007 wrote: »
    meh thats not the site i was using - they are a well known crowd english crowd and have officies in ireland...

your lack of name and shame is dissapointing ace :P

So i decided to change sites - and now the other site will sometimes not let be bet anything, twice its told me that max bet is €0.00 - i have a screen shot for one of these - is there anything that can be done - its a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,419 ✭✭✭✭cson

Betfair ftw

Advertisement