Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked C&C

Options
  • 23-12-2008 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

3129995929_fb2e28c4c4.jpg

3129994815_b8881ed36e.jpg

Seasons Greetings to All...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love shots like this, stand out from the crowd. Really well done although I'd like to see higher contrast in it.

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭davemac83

Thanks smelltheglove much appreciated C&C was unsure about the composition. First time trying this particular genre as I mainly go out to take landscapes. I'll try some contrast this evening and post up thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I like the B&W one, well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I actually like them both but the first one pips it for me - not for the extra ornamentation which you've added but having thought about it for a few minutes I think what i really like about it is the angle of camera to subject. It does have an unusual crop which breaks the rule of thirds (maybe we could invent a rule of fifths???? ;) ) but i don't think that your composition suffers because of it on any level in fact in terms of 'breaking the rules', I think it really works in this case.

I love the bokeh but then again if it were a picture that just had bokeh and no subject i'd probably be liking that too :) But i think the angle i mention here combined with the lines of the scene which are strong yet softened in the bokeh make for a very powerful impression. Thus and with ornamentation aside, I feel the angle in the first provides a more interesting composition although the wall nearest the lock (to the right hand side) i think is somewhat more dominant than desired.

I like the b/w conversion of the first but i don't think it achieves considerably more than the colour in the second. I believe this to be the case because the colours of the second are quite muted in any event.

Small objects with context such as what you've provided above can make for very pleasing end results and I like what you've shown here.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I like both of them, probably the black and white one best but id love to see this pic with the background black and white and the lock in colour......

• Advertisement
Advertisement