Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Little reminder

Options
  • 23-12-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Don't leave your sat nav on your windscreen cause some little scumbag WILL rob it......

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thats a bit crap OP, at least it wasnt worse. Must shw this to my bro, he insists on leaving his sat nav on full view on the dash, despite numerous warnings. It's just a matter of time before it gets knicked

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Ouch....:eek:

Sorry to hear that bottletops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

BTW, I want to recommend Dave in Nass Windscreens. As I speak he's on the way to Dublin to pick up the glass!!

Ahhh could have been worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Bad luck, bottletops but nice car !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you use the sucker attachment for the windsceen wipe the circle off the glass before you put your satnav "safely" in the glove box. It's a dead giveaway that there is one in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Bit of advice for your satnav?

A - Dont leave the holder attached to the windscreen (its a BIG giveaway that you have one in the car)

B - Just bring it inside with you when your finished with it! Its not exactly massive in the frst place!

C - See if you can get your hands on some stickers for the drivers and passengers window for an alarm system (if you dont already have one). Most people think twice if they think there is an alarm on it, especially if its outside your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Taking the holder off is quite a lot of effort, especially when you have to disconnect it from the 12v socket lead etc. I always take mine with me, but leave the holder. Hopefully it'll become common knowledge and more manufacturers will have it so that they can't be operated without a pin or driving to an unlocked location.

I wonder how hard it would be for your average window smasher to crack the code though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Don't set you home address on your Sat Nav and leave it in the car.Guess what happens if they rob the car and the sat nav?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

cormie wrote: »
    Taking the holder off is quite a lot of effort, especially when you have to disconnect it from the 12v socket lead etc. I always take mine with me, but leave the holder. Hopefully it'll become common knowledge and more manufacturers will have it so that they can't be operated without a pin or driving to an unlocked location.

I wonder how hard it would be for your average window smasher to crack the code though?

Im talking about the portable versions like the Garmins or TomToms.. It only takes 2 seconds to take the holder of the windscreen..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Also it's advisable not to listen to your satnav. Mine wanted me to drive over the ha'penny bridge and drive up the quays the wrong way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Oh guys please remember to pin protect your Sat Nav. Mugger steals you keys, then you car and then even though you removed your Sat Nav, its only in the glove box. He presses the home button and with your house keys robs you like a mad fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

bottletops wrote: »
    Don't leave your sat nav on your windscreen cause some little scumbag WILL rob it......

the guys i know who do it, go for cars that dont display it, but display the signs of one being in the car...

as generally if you have say... a decent brand like tom toms in your car, chances are theirs a wallet or purse or simular in their...

i get offer these for 50 quid a pop so its not even worth their time doing it :rolleyes:

Advertisement