Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tits. Up?

Options
  • 23-12-2008 1:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

I posted this expression in another forum and it got me wondering where it originated.

Tits up is used to describe a bad thing, but really ? Tits up, that's good right ?

Wonder how many looks this subject will get :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

<nerd in dj escapes> Dead people are usually depicted as being on their backs, in which case the tits point skywards. Of course sometimes, when all she wants is missionary -- it feels like the very same thing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Isint it something to do with falling on your back so your 'tits are now pointing up'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

antodeco wrote: »
    Isint it something to do with falling on your back so your 'tits are now pointing up'?

I think that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Well this thread went t...................... too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Senna wrote: »
    Well this thread went t...................... too easy

to town. right?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Tits up, belly up, their both bad, to me they represent death. Portraying the death of a man or woman, it's not good. "The company just went belly up/tits up" Catch my drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

pics or gtfo...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tits up, belly up, their both bad, to me they represent death. Portraying the death of a man or woman, it's not good. "The company just went belly up/tits up" Catch my drift?

theres a "Yore ma" joke in there somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thought it was to do with drowning? IE Female goes tit's/face up and male is usually found face down in the water?

The_B_Man wrote: »

nah, that would be the tits down thread!

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    nah, that would be the tits down thread!

More specificaly up, then down, then up, then down, and so forth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just like when fish die. Their little fish tits inflate, resulting in bringing them tits-up on the surface.

Sexy little fish tits.

Tits? Fish? Inflate?

Ideal woman right there!

antodeco wrote: »
    Tits? Fish? Inflate? Dead?

Ideal woman right there!
    FYP

Amen to that brother! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The_B_Man wrote: »

Oh no you didn't.
    Fizman wrote: »
    Just like when fish die. Their little fish tits inflate, resulting in bringing them tits-up on the surface.

Sexy little fish tits.

Fish tits? Roflcopters?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Strangest thread move ever. There really is a board for everything on Boards.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Strangest thread move ever. There really is a board for everything on Boards.

Ich spreche eine bischen Deutschen. :pac:

*enters etymology into dictionary.com*

Fizman wrote: »
    Ich spreche eine bischen Deutschen. :pac:

nah... und bist du ein bischen besoffen?

jester77 wrote: »
    nah... und bist du ein bischen besoffen?

Ya. Danke.

Und on einen lessen seriousen noten, ich wohne auf Irland und ich bin funf und zwanzig jahre alt.

Ich habe einen grose sclange! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yes, thanks.

And on a serious note, I live in Ireland and I'm 25 years of age.

I have one huuuuge schlong.

//Haven't done german in twelve years, but thanks to a very affectionate German teacher, those words feel as tender and familiar as melted butter.

Sorry Ety and Ling Mods, banning me won't have such a massive impact on my life - only here cos it got moved from AH, and I needed CLOSURE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tits-up

Meaning: Inoperative; broken. The term is also used to mean fallen over (on one's back)

Origin:This is a 20th century phrase, probably of military origin. There's certainly no mention of it in print prior to WWII. It has been suggested that the term derives from the behaviour of aeroplanes' altitude indicators, which turn upside down when faulty and display an inverted 'W' resembling a pair of breasts. There's no real evidence to support this speculation and it seems more likely that the phrase is just a vulgar alternative to the earlier 'belly-up', which has the same meaning. 'Belly-up' is an allusion to fish, which float that way when 'dead in the water'. This expression was known in the USA by the 1920s, often related to bancruptcy or other commercial disasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

What's its relation to "balls up"?

An intentional corruption that crosses the gender line, perhaps.

Balls up actually derives from horses walking through snow and snow balling up around their feet. Or summink...

Advertisement