Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed to rehome a red setter

Options
  • 22-12-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am hoping somebody can help me with a terrible dilemma that I am in.

I will be immigrating to America in February and we won't be able to take our dog Finn. We're heart broken. We have owned Finn since he was a pup and now he is 11 years old. We talked to our Vet and he advised us that it would not be a good idea because of his age and the fact that he will be in quarantine for 6 months. The location we would be going to would also not be good for the dog due to the extreme weather.

Finn is a Red Setter (with possibly a bit of Lab), he is amazing friendly and just loves going for walks and runs.

Does anybody have any advice on what we could do? Any ideas on how we could get him re-homed?

MJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Your vet is slightly misinformed about quarantine.
    You can get Finn a pet passport which will enable him to enter America without being quarantined.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kazza23

I thought the pet passport was only EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

No, a number of other countries are included too. I think there is more information on the Citizens Information website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

This is the best place to get the info on Pet Passports

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index.jsp?file=pets/index.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i know my auntie moved her cats from England to America without having to quarantine them. If she wanted to move them back from USA to England they have to be quarantined. Hopefully will allow you to bring him with you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement