Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla verso or avensis car ?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    looking for some advice. I need a bigger car to accomodate two kids and all the usual luggage that goes with them. I'm undecided between a corolla verso or a avensis car, both 1.6 petrols. I don't do much mileage, (7k a year), so petrol is fine. They seem to be similiar in price and both seem to have plenty of space. It was the hatchback avensis i was looking at, (U.K.). Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which one to go for ? Looking at '05 ones in U.K. for 10k euro. Will probably wait till Feb. or march. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Hi there,

This may be unsuitable for you, but an uncle of mine is selling a 05-D Volkswagen Passat 1.6 FSi Comfortline (new shape) if you're interested. Can highly recommend them - just sold mine and going to buy again. He is fastidious in keeping his car, so its literally perfect. Its not advertised online, he just mentioned it to me last week. I can arrange photo's if necessary.

His is artic blue silver with a full vw main dealer service history. Aircon, cruise control, electric everything, lots of airbags and safety equipment etc etc.

You'll pay a little more for a vw - but they are worth it for build quality and solidity. Let me know if you want any more info......

Best wishes,

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

headline wrote: »
    Hi,
    looking for some advice. I need a bigger car to accomodate two kids and all the usual luggage that goes with them. I'm undecided between a corolla verso or a avensis car, both 1.6 petrols. I don't do much mileage, (7k a year), so petrol is fine. They seem to be similiar in price and both seem to have plenty of space. It was the hatchback avensis i was looking at, (U.K.). Just wondering if anyone has any advice on which one to go for ? Looking at '05 ones in U.K. for 10k euro. Will probably wait till Feb. or march. Thanks.

The best thing to do is bring the family along to a garage and test drive both type cars. That is really the only way of knowing which one will suit you best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 headline

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to stick with Toyota, but thanks for the offer on the VW. As i mentioned, i think i will wait till Feb or March to see how the prices go. I was just wondering if there was any issues with either the Avensis or Corolla Verso that i needed to know about. Thanks again for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

i have a verso and its great, your two children can sit in back and there is room for a large adult too, even with car seats.alternatively you can put them in boot seats and keep middle row for adults. doors open really wide so access for children is great. Only downside is you wont get a verso cheap.

Advertisement