If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL40W4500

Options
  • 22-12-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi John,

I was thinking of getting a Sony KDL40W4500 and I was wondering if this set was full HD (I thought it was)? It just that the website says its HD ready.

I was wondering if you would know how much it would be in January and if you had any good recommandations for a sound system to go with it\or packages you were doing?

Lastly, could you recommend an alternative less expensive 40" model that you think is great value?

Thanks for any info you can provide me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The W4500 is definitely full 1080p HD. All of the 40" W (and V I think) series bravias are full HD as far as I know.

As for cheaper, the slightly older W4000 is also considered an excellent TV - all it lacks of the 4500 is 100Hz motionflow (supposedly better for fast-moving images - i.e. sports), and a lower contrast ratio.

The "V" series in the Bravias are a little cheaper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The w4500 is definitely 1080p Full HD alright, no worries there. lIke JoeA3, I too would recommend the 40W4000(I'm gettin one off RS this week:D). Really, the only thing it lacks over the 4500 is 100hz. Some people like that "amateur video" effect it gives but i dont think i would fancy that. Anyway, the 40w4500 is 170£ more than the w4000 at the moment and i definitely don't think the 100hz is worth that substantial increase. As for the higher contrast ratio, when hdtvtest reviewed the both of them , they failed to find the 4500 any better in this regard.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.