Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Stockbroker?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

If i had €1500 to put into an account to buy shares online? (At the moment im using sharewatch €50 trade service)

Best Irish Stockbroker (If you had €1500-€2000) 12 votes

Davy
    0% 0 votes
    Goodbody
    58% 7 votes
    NCB
    33% 4 votes
    Other (Comment)
    8% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

The Atari Jaguar

imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Baird

Well since there are only 5 you might as well complete the list.
    Bloxham and Dolmen are the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

a little off topic, but i didnt want to start up a whole new thread for such a basic question. Ive just done an online transfer from my bank account to my sharewatch client account. Now this isnt going to hit for a few days. If i rang sharewatch Monday morning to place an order, would they allow me to considering the funds to cover arent in the account at that moment in time?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

For day trading stocks with 1-2k Sharewatch would offer best commision fees, waste of time day trading with the other brokers with 1-2k as most of any profit would be swallowed up with broker fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,920 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

surely igindex is best for day trading

• Advertisement

Tiesto wrote: »
    a little off topic, but i didnt want to start up a whole new thread for such a basic question. Ive just done an online transfer from my bank account to my sharewatch client account. Now this isnt going to hit for a few days. If i rang sharewatch Monday morning to place an order, would they allow me to considering the funds to cover arent in the account at that moment in time?

Thanks

No, funds would have to have cleared before you can make first trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

ranger4 wrote: »
    For day trading stocks with 1-2k Sharewatch would offer best commision fees, waste of time day trading with the other brokers with 1-2k as most of any profit would be swallowed up with broker fees.

What about 5-10k and is it much extra to deal with a broker by phone, just buying and selling not looking for advice from the broker.

Do brokers provide you with a monthly/yearly paper trail of your activity or do you have to keep track of your own trades, really thinking from a cgt /loss point of view.

Tks

If its short term stuff use ig to spread bet, no tax implications and details of all transactions readily available

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Cyrus wrote: »
    If its short term stuff use ig to spread bet, no tax implications and details of all transactions readily available

Not spread, just ordinary buying and selling so cgt will apply.

OPENROAD wrote: »

When you buy stock with e.g sharewatch by phone you recieve a contract note which shows date and price and amount of stock bought also recieve same when stock is sold, 0.4% to buy and sell stock by phone along with relevent stamp duty 1% irish stock and 0.5 uk, along with small ptm charge.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »

why not spread.....

Advertisement