Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pes 2008 tips and tricks?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

currently have it for 360, need to get good at beating friends !

any tips and tricks?

free's ?
    going by players - special moves ?

etc etc

Comments

there are no tips i can give to make you get better except the oul favourite ''practice makes perfect'' so just keep practicing against the comp you'll eventually get better..

as for the tricks look up the controls for the tricks in the control manual that explains how to do those..

personally my favourite is to do the step-overs with Ronaldo then cut inside with a dummy shot, then shoot (and usually score:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

shoot from narrow angles, seems like 90% of the time the keeper will parry it straight to a strikers feet for easy goals. also drill the ball along the ground from corners either to the near post or edge os peno area depending on where a man is unmarked which leads to a good shooting oportunity. to do this simply hold the direction down and hold "b" until max power. when on the wing run parallel to the touch line whislt actually on the line itself, if an opposing player tackles you it will be yr throw in at worst or youll sail past them by slowing down and sprinting past them. also diving in the peno area is worth a go or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

adamski8 wrote: »
    also diving in the peno area is worth a go or two.

Have you ever actually been successful at diving. I've given up on it as I have never pulled it off.

s_carnage wrote: »
    Have you ever actually been successful at diving. I've given up on it as I have never pulled it off.
    yes probably 1 out of 4 attempts, its worth it seeing as its only a yellow card, wouldnt dive unless im not likely to have a decent chance to score. what i do is run into the box say going straight for the touch line and try cut inside a defender; as in a defender is coming at you from the right and you do a 90 turn towards him so the ball passes in front of him and then hence you will follow and when he trys to win the ball dive. in general if the defender goes to ground its a peno, you can probably tell sometimes when a defender is going to slide when and win the ball (usually when youve hit the ball too far or something) and this is when you should dive. But as ive said i only get one about one in 4.......and i have been sent off a few times for diving :D defo worth it, its very satisfying scoring a goal you dont deserve! if playing in legends mode i would always advise shooting down the center and low cause my player loves to blast it wide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

adamski8 you are a genius!! Tried it last night with Ronaldo and got a penalty with my first go. I was sure I was getting booked because of the commentators remarks!!

• Advertisement

glad it worked, i only usually do it in legends mode cause the stupid computer wont pass it to me so solo runs are the best.
    its is great when you do it to a friend as well, funny when they get mad

Advertisement